Bowen Engineering Head of Civil Engineering and Christopher B. and Susan S. Burke Distinguished Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Office: HAMP 1101A
Phone: (765) 494-2256
Ph.D., University of California, Davis, 1989
M.S., University of Kentucky, 1986
B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology, 1984
Watershed hydrology; stochastic and statistical hydrology; spatial variability; modeling surface and subsurface water movement; fate and transport of contaminants; machine learning applications in hydrology.
Selected Research Projects
- 09/15 - 08/17, EPA, Decision Support Tool for Risk-Based Watershed Management
- 01/11 - 03-15, USDA, Development of drought triggers for agricultural applications
- 09/12 - 08/15, NSF, CMG Research: A copula-based probabilistic approach for space-time characterization of droughts
- Ojha, R., Prakash, A., Corradini, C., Morbidelli, R., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015), "Temporal moment analysis for vertical solute transport in heterogeneous soils," Journal of Hydrology, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.11.076, 521, 261-273.
- Ramadas, R., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "Probabilistic assessment of agricultural droughts using graphical models," Journal of Hydrology, 526, 151-163. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.09.026
- Ojha, R., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "A physical scaling model for aggregation and disaggregation of field-scale surface soil moisture," Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, 25, 075401 (2015); doi: 10.1063/1.4913235, 14 pages.
- Mallya, G., Tripathi, S., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "Probabilistic drought classification using gamma mixture models," Journal of Hydrology, 526, 116-126. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.11.008
- Morbidelli, R., Saltalippi, C., Flammini, A., Cifrodelli, M., Corradini, C., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "Infiltration on sloping surfaces: laboratory experimental evidence and implications for infiltration modelling," Journal of Hydrology, 523, 79-85. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2015.01.041.
- Ramadas, M., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "Choice of hydrologic variables for probabilistic drought classification: a case study." ASCE Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 05015013-1 to 05015013-14, doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)IR.1943-4774.0000981.
- Hoque, Y., Tripathi, S., Hantush, M.M., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2016). "Development of aggregate measures of watershed reliability, resilience and vulnerability using relevance vector machine and variational Bayesian noisy principal component analysis," Journal of Environmental Quality, doi:10.2134/jeq2015.10.0508.
- Mallya, G., Niyogi, D., Tripathi, S., Mishra, V., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2016). "Trends and variability of droughts over the Indian monsoon region," Weather and Climate Extremes, 12, 43-68, doi: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212094715300578.
- Morbidelli, R., Corradini, C., Saltalippi, C., Flammini, A., Brocca, L., Cifrodelli, M., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2016). "An investigation of the effects of spatial heterogeneity of initial soil moisture content on surface runoff simulation at a small watershed scale," Journal of Hydrology, 539, 589-598, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.05.067.