Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Office: HAMP G229
Phone: (765) 494-0697
Experimental soil mechanics, soil behavior, soil improvement.
Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
M.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
B.S., University of Ancona
Honors & Awards
Edmund M. Burke Outstanding Professor Award from Chi Epsilon (Civil Engineering Honor Society), 2006.
Ross Judson Buck '07 Memorial Award for Undergraduate Counseling, 2006.
Finalist National Science Foundation Visualization Challenge (with D. Geier and D. Sherman), 2005 .
Harold Munson Award for outstanding teacher in the School of Civil Engineering, 2004.
Fellowship from the Italian National Research Council (CNR) for one year of study at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1991-1992
- Bobet, A., Lee, H. S. and Santagata, M. C. (2007), "Pullout capacity of a stiff inclusion in a saturated poroelastic matrix", International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, in press (available on line).
- Santagata, M. C. and Kang, Y. I. (2007), "Geologic time effects on the initial stiffness of clays", Journal of Engineering Geology 89 (1-2), 98-111.
- Santagata, M. C., Germaine, J. T. and Ladd, C. C. (2007), "Small strain non-linearity of normally consolidated clays", to appear in February 2007 issue of ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 133 (1), 72-82.
- Sreekrishnavilasam, A., Rahardja, S., Kmetz, R. and Santagata, M. (2007), "Soil treatment using fresh and landfilled cement kiln dust", Construction and Building Materials, 21(2) 318-327.
- Santagata, M. C., Sinfield, J. V. and Germaine, J. T. (2006), "Laboratory simulation of field sampling: comparison with ideal sampling and field data", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 132 (3), 351-362.
- Sreekrishnavilasam, A., King, S., Santagata, M. (2006), "Characterization of fresh and landfilled cement kiln dust for reuse in construction applications", Journal of Engineering Geology 85 (1-2), 163-173.
For complete list in PDF form . . .