Advisor Weekly Walk-In Schedule
Students may talk to an advisor without an appointment during our walk-in times, 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday in ARMS 1300. Questions that are most appropriate for a walk-in meeting with a professional advisors include:
- resolving conflicts in your schedule
- completing simple paperwork
- getting a signature on a credit authorization form
- asking time-sensitive questions
- asking simple general policy questions
More detailed or in-depth conversations, needs, or questions should be handled through a scheduled appointment.
Walk-in times are designed for quick questions and therefore are held to 15 minutes per visit. Students are strongly encouraged use walk-in times of their assigned advisor unless the assigned advisor is not available and there is an immediate time sensitive matter.
Using the Walk-In Schedules
- Before coming to ARMS 1300 to meet with a professional advisor, check the walk-in schedule to make sure an advisor is available.
- If you want to meet with a particular advisor, ask for that person when you check in.
- Student representatives are available for FYE students to ask questions about experience with Co-Op, Internships, activities, clubs, and how to be involved in that particular Engineering School. Check the student representatives walk-in schedule for locations and times.
To minimize your waiting time:
- Come in the morning. Afternoons are busier.
- Walk in during a time when several professional advisors and professional school student representatives are available, not just one.
- Arrive before 4:30 p.m.