Join the ABE graduate student intramural soccer team! We play every Tuesday at 6 pm, for the next three weeks. This is a co-ed soccer league specifically for graduate students, through Purdue Intramural Sports. Contact Thirawat Bureetes for more details.
Our ABE Graduate Student Association (ABEGSA) held their annual Industrial Research Symposium February 9, 2021. The Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) competition is one of the highlights of this annual event. Taking first place was Abigail Ekeigwe. Jenny Rackliffe took second, and Casey Hooker received third place. Congratulations to Abigail, Jenny, and Casey!
The poster presentation winners:
Bio-energy & Biological Engineering – Jennifer Rackliffe (1st), Casey Hooker (2nd)
Biotechnology/Regulations & Food Process Engineering – Emily Kerstiens (1st), Mercy Okezue (2nd)
Environmental & Natural Resources Engineering – Danielle Winter (1st), Ariana Montoya (2nd)
Machine Systems & Agricultural Systems Management – Zhengpu Chen (1st), Abishek Kumar Umrawal (2nd)
8th Annual Purdue ABE Graduate Student Association Industrial Research Symposium
2021 Spring Communication Workshops
Flu Shot Clinic
GSA Outdoor Meeting
Date and Time – Monday, October 5 2020 at 6:30 PM EDT to 8:30 PM EDT
Location – Pickett Park, Pod 1
The main purpose of this meeting is to help first-year ABE graduate students meet other students in the department and have a fun time together. We will be playing socially distant games outside (frisbee golf, croquet, ect.) and do not plan to have food.
2020 Graduate Mentor Award
Left to right: Dr. Mosier, Dr. Field, Eric Kong, and Mahmoud Nour
During a small award presentation, GSA President Eric Kong was able to present the Outstanding Faculty Mentor of Engineering Graduate Students award to Dr. Field. The nominator, Mahmoud Nour, and ABE department head, Dr. Mosier were also in attendance.
Career Fair and Diversity
CoE Communication Workshops
2019 – 2020 Event Archive
The objectives of the Agricultural & Biological Engineering Graduate Student Association (ABE-GSA) at Purdue University are to foster a sense of community among ABE graduate students through organized social activities, philanthropy events, mentoring, and professional development programs. Discover more on the About Us page or the Activities pages, and check out news on the Blog!
Upcoming Events (Students: check your emails for details!)
- Roller Skating with the GSA, February 26th, 6:10 pm
- Special PD seminar, March 9, 12-1:30 pm
- Birthday Bash
- Feb 7th: 7th Annual ABE Graduate Industrial Research Symposium
- Feb 2nd: Superbowl party
- Jan 27: 3MT thesis workshop
- April 25: ABE-GSA Officer Elections
- April 26: Spring birthday bash
- April 24: PD Seminar
- April 19: Movie Night and ABE-GSA Mentoring Awards
- April 19: 12pm ABE-GSA Town hall
- April 13: Engineering Formal
- April 1-12: College of Ag Food Drive
- April 6th: Springfest
- March 25, 26, 27: ABE, ESE Sustainability Events
- March 22: Spring Equinox Talent Showcase (submit by March 1)
- March 4: 12:30PM: Work/Life balance seminar
- Feb 20 12-1pm: Networking PD Seminar, LILLY 3102
- Feb 16: “Love is Sweet” Philanthropy Event
- Feb 7-8th: Recruitment events
- Feb 5: PD Seminar
- Feb 3rd: Superbowl Party
- Jan 31: Chinese New Year
- Jan 28 3-4 Hanna Community Center Tutoring
See Photos for pictures of past events!
Current Grad Students:
Do you have comments, concerns, or suggestions on how ABE-GSA can better serve you? Please click here to leave your feedback or suggestions!