A list of downloadable flushing plans for large buildings can be found here. These plans were developed because building owners, public health officials, plumbing engineers, and utilities were seeking guidance on what "routine flushing" a large building might look like. Plans were designed for a building manager and maintenance representative to follow a stepwise process. Plans can be updated as more information comes available. We welcome feedback.
- "Actual" plans are designed based on the as-built drawings of actual buildings. Geographic location and building owner information was removed.
- "Modified" plans were designed based on changing the configuration of an actual building (on paper) and revising the plan for this new configuration.
List of flushing plans available for download [Author in Brackets]
- Example #1 - [Draft] Actual 3 Floor Office Building with On-Demand Water Heaters [Purdue]
- Example #2 - [Draft] Modified 3 Floor Office Building with Central Water Heating [Purdue]
- Example #3 - [Draft] Actual 2 Floor School Building with Central Water Heating, Hot Water Recirculation Loops, Auditorium, Cafeteria, Gym, Classrooms, and Other Rooms [Purdue]
- More to be added
5 to 10 minute videos: Water quality and flushing building water systems
- Watch Why Does Water Quality Change Inside Buildings?
- Watch Why Flush Building Water Systems?
- Watch Why Calculations are Needed for Flushing Plans?
Resources from others