Partnering to amplify individual and organizational initiatives through innovation and design
Purdue Engineering has long possessed strong competencies in design, making, entrepreneurship, data science, and systems. Building on our strengths, through Innovation + X we are connecting these efforts with resources across Purdue’s campus to inform targeted research, educational experiences, and credentials that will enable scholars and practitioners in diverse fields to more systematically and reliably convert ideas to real world solutions and ultimately address contemporary and future challenges critical to society.
Founded on a scaffold of design, Innovation + X provides a means to organize and realize the convergence of disciplines required to link research-derived insights on problem identification, problem framing, alternative generation, solution design, development, testing, implementation and sustainable scaling [Innovation] in a cohesive and holistic manner to successfully navigate from exploration to impact in any endeavor [+ X].
Learn the end-to-end process of developing an idea and shaping it to drive tangible, measurable impact
- Educational Offerings
- Research in progress
- Student resources
Connect your idea, concept, or invention to a systematic process of innovation and testing focused on impact
Please explore our resources for grand challenge problem framing!
- Read our report "Informing Development Research using Comprehensive Success Factor Analysis (CSFA) : Basic Education (BE) and Maternal/Child Healthcare (MCH) in East Africa"
- Learn to systematically identify research gaps in complex development challenges!
- Learn how to implement the system-level view in your own work!
Award granting programs
More information will be announced Summer 2021. Please email email@example.com for detailed information.
- Collaboration opportunities
- Innovation Community of Practice