Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Personal Web Sitehttp://engineering.purdue.edu/~hua/
- Ph.D., Environmental Science and Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1995
- M.S., Environmental Science and Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1992
- B.A., Biochemistry, University of California, Berkeley, 1990
Dr. Hua has expertise in aquatic chemistry, environmental sustainability, water pollution control, and the environmental fate of organic contaminants. She has recently completed projects related to the photochemistry of emerging contaminants and water consumption in supply chains. Additional research areas include sustainable electronics and environmental sustainability in engineering education. Dr. Hua is also the Director of an REU Site: "Tackling some of the Grand Challenges for Engineering."
- Kuo, Y-M., Sepulveda, Sepulveda, M.S., Sutton, T.M., Ochoa-Acuna, H.G., Muir, A. M., Miller, B., Hua, I., Bioaccumulation and biotransformation of decabromodiphenyl ether and effects on daily growth in juvenile lake whitefish (Coregonus clupeaformis), Ecotoxicology, published on-line December 22, 2009. DOI 10.1007/s10646-009-0451-x.
- Nienow, A.; Hua, I.; Poyer, I.; Bezares-Cruz, J.C.; Jafvert, C., A Multifactor Statistical Analysis of the H2O2 Enhanced Photodegradation of Nicotine and Phosphamidon, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 48(8),pp. 395 3963, 2009.
- Bezares-Cruz, J., Jafvert, C., Hua, I., Solar Photodecomposition of Decabromodiphenyl Ether: Products and Quantum Yield, Environmental Science and Technology, 8(15), pp. 4149 -4156, 2004.