Ernest (Chip) Blatchley
Lee A. Rieth Professor in Environmental Engineering and Professor in Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Personal Web Sitehttp://engr.purdue.edu/CE/EBlatchley
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1988
- M.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1983
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 1981
Research interests are in the area of physico-chemical processes of environmental engineering, with particular emphasis on photochemical reactor theory and applications of ultraviolet radiation in water treatment, chlorine chemistry, swimming pool chemistry, and water supply in developing countries.
- Mbonimpa, EG; Vadheim, B; Blatchley III, ER (2012) Continuous-Flow Solar UVB Disinfection Reactor for Drinking Water, Water Research, 46, 7, 2344-2354, DOI: 10.1016/j.watres.2012.02.003.
- Li, J; Blatchley III, ER (2009) UV Photodegradation of Inorganic Chloramines, Environmental Science & Technology, 43, 1, 60-65. DOI: 10.1021/es8016304.
- Blatchley III, E.R.; Shen, C.; Naunovic, Z.; Lin, L.; Lyn, D.A.; Robinson, J.P.; Ragheb, K.; Gr??gori, G.; Bergstrom, D.E.; Fang, S.; Guan, Y.; Jennings, K.; Gunaratna, N. (2006) Dyed Microspheres for Quantification of UV Dose Distributions: Photochemical Reactor Characterization by Lagrangian Actinometry, Journal of Environmental Engineering, ASCE, 132, 11, 1390-1403.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Engineering Teacher, 2021 - 2022
- SEEE Instructional Excellence Award, 2020 - 2021
- ASCE Fellow, 2013