Teaching: Nanophotonics & Metamaterials
- On-line course Nanophotonics and Metamaterials *** New ***
This course (Purdue ECE 695S) was posted to nanoHUB and, over the years (*i*, *ii*), it has been viewed by over 69,000 users with nearly perfect readers' rating and very positive comments, including these: "Prof. Shalaev is terrific at explaining difficult concepts... I got way more than I expected out of this course!", "As a new researcher in the field of Plasmonics and Metamaterials, I think this is the best resource available so far to get a pedagogical development in the field. Thank you to everyone who participated in making this work available for everyone :)".
This course has also been adopted by Prof. Shalaev's colleagues and taught with great success at various international institutions including universities in Denmark and Germany.
- Purdue ECE 552 - Introduction to Lasers - Spring 2018
- A series of invited lectures on metamterials, quantum photonics, and nanophotonics at University of Southern Denmark, May - June 2016
- Metamaterials: A New Paradigm of Physics and Engineering: Three part lecture on metamaterials at nanoHUB
- Short course Metamaterials: Technology of the Future at CLEO/QELS 2013 Conference;
see an attendee's assessment of the course
- Siberian Federal University (Russia), December 2007
- European Doctoral School on Metamaterials (Metamaterials′2007, Rome), October 2007