- B. Kim, T. L. Morin, and A. L. Liu. Approximate Dynamic Programming and Duality Methods in Bermudan Credit Default Swap Option Pricing. Submitted.
- H. Sreekumaran, A. R. Hotay, A. L. Liu, N. A. Uhan and S. Sundaram. Equilibrium strategies for multiple interdictors on a common network. Submitted.
- Z. Huang, Q. Zheng, and A. L. Liu. Transmission and Generation Capacity Expansion with Unit Commitment -- A Multiscale and Multistage Stochastic Mixed Integer Programming Approach. Submitted.
- J. Opgrand, P. V. Preckel, D. J. Gotham, A. L. Liu. Price Formation in Auctions for Financial Transmission Rights. Submitted
- R. Chen and A. L. Liu. A Decomposition Method for Large-scale Convex Quadratically Constrained Quadratic Programs.
- Z. Zhao and A. L. Liu. Multi-Agent Learning in Double-side Auctions for Peer-to-peer Energy Trading. Submitted.
- Z. Zhao and A. L. Liu. Decentralized Demand Management under Real-time Pricing via Multiagent Bandit Games. Working paper.
- Z. Zhao and A. L. Liu. Decentralized Demand-side Management under Real-time Pricing via Low Approximate Regret Learning in Games. Working paper.
- S. Ramyar, A. L. Liu and Y. Chen. A power market model in presence of strategic prosumers. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Online first, 2019.
- A. L. Liu and Y. Chen. Price containment in emissions permit markets: Balancing market risk and environmental outcomes. IISE Transactions, Vol. 49, No. 12, pp 1129-1149, 2017.
- L. Lu, P. V. Preckel, D. Gotham, and A. L. Liu. An assessment of alternative carbon mitigation policies for achieving the emissions reduction of the Clean Power Plan: Case study for the state of Indiana. Energy Policy, Vol. 96, pp 661-672, 2016.
- V. Krishnan, J. Ho, B. H. Hobbs, A. L. Liu, J. D. McCalley, M. Shahidehpour, and Q. P. Zheng. Co-optimization of electricity transmission and generation resources for planning and policy analysis: Review of concepts and modeling approaches. Energy Systems, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp 297-332, 2016.
- Q. P. Zheng, J. Wang, and A. L. Liu. Stochastic optimization for unit commitment -- A review. IEEE Transactions on Power System, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp 1913-1924, 2014.
- A. L. Liu and B. F. Hobbs. Tacit collusion games in pool-based electricity markets under transmission constraints. Mathematical Programming, Series B, Vol. 140, No. 2, pp 351-379, 2013.
- Y. Chen and A. L. Liu. Emissions trading, point-of-regulation and facility siting choices in the electric markets. Journal of Regulatory Economics, online first, 2013.
- C. D. Davis, D. J. Gotham, P. V. Preckel and A. L. Liu. Determining the impact of wind on system costs via the temporal patterns of load and wind generation. Energy Policy, Vol. 60, pp 122-131, 2013.
- L. S. Han and A. L. Liu. On Nash-Cournot games with price caps. Operations Research Letters, Vol. 41, pp 92 - 97, 2013.
- S. Huang, H. Safiullah, J. Xiao, B. Hodge, R. Hoffman, J. Soller, D. Jones, D. Dininger, W. E. Tyner, A. L. Liu, J. F. Pekny. The effects of electric vehicles in the City of Indianapolis. Energy Policy, Vol. 49, pp 442-455, 2012.
- S. Huang, J. Xiao, J. F. Pekny, G. V. Reklaitis, and A. L. Liu. Quantifying system level benefits from distributed solar and energy storage. Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 138, No. 2, pp. 33-42, 2012.
- Y. Chen, A. L. Liu, B. F. Hobbs. Economic and emissions implications of load-based, source-based, and first-seller emissions trading programs under California AB32. Operations Research, Vol. 59, No. 3, pp. 696-712, 2011.
- J. E. Harrington, B. F. Hobbs, J.-S. Pang, A. Liu, G. Roch. Collusive game solutions via optimization. Mathematical Programming, Series B Vol. 104, pp 407-435, 2005.
- A. L. Liu, B. H. Hobbs, J. Ho, J. D. McCalley, V. Krishnan, M. Shahidehpour, and Q. P. Zheng. "White Paper: Co-optimization of Transmission and Other Supply Resources". Prepared for Eastern Interconnection States' Planning Council and National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners.
- ICF International and A. L. Liu. "Study on long-term electric and natural gas infrastructure requirements in the Eastern Interconnection". Prepared for Eastern Interconnection States' Planning Council and National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners.
REFEREED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Z. Zhao, A.L. Liu, and Y. Chen. Electricity Demand Response under Real-Time Pricing: A Multi-armed Bandit Game. Conference: 2018 Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA ASC), October 2018. DOI:10.23919/APSIPA.2018.8659687
- Z. Zhao and A. L. Liu. Intelligent demand response for electricity consumers: A multi-armed bandit game approach. Proceedings to 2017 International Conference on Intelligent Systems Applications to Power (ISAP), 2017.
- H. Sreekumaran and A. L. Liu. Equilibrium wind hedge contract structure through Nash Bargaining.Proceedings of the Industrial Engineering Research Conference, 2011.
- J. Xiao, B. S. Hodge, A. L. Liu, J. F. Pekny, and G. V. Reklaitis. Long-term planning of wind farm siting in the electricity grid. Proceedings of 21st European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering - ESCAPE 21, 2010.
- A. L. Liu. Repeated games in electricity spot and forward markets - An equilibrium modeling and computational framework. Proceedings of 48th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, 2010.
- T. Brady and A. L. Liu. The analysis of electricity storage location sites in the electric transmission grid. Proceedings of the Industrial Engineering Research Conference, 2010.
- Y. Chen and A. L. Liu. Effects of allowances allocation schemes on the emissions leakage and contract shuffling. Proceedings to 32nd IAEE International Conference, online publication, 2009.
- J. E. Harrington, B. F Hobbs, J.-S Pang, A. Liu, and G. Roch. Collusive game solutions via optimization. Proceedings of the NSF-ONR EPNES II workshop, 2003.
REFEREED BOOK CHAPTERS
- A. L. Liu, N. A. Uhan and F. Zhao. Scheduling for Energy Efficient Manufacturing. Energy Efficient Manufacturing with Applications. Editors: J. W. Sutherland and B. S. Linke 2012.