Ranga Rohit Seemakurthi
Graduate Research AssistantAdvised by Professor Fabio Ribeiro.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), Summer Intern (2015)
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Overall Event Head (2014)
- Indian Academy for Cultivation of Sciences, Kolkata, Summer Research Fellow (2014)
- Ratan Tata Scholarship (awarded consecutively from 2012 to 2016)
- Summer Research Fellowship, Jointly honored by Indian National Science Academy (INSA), Indian Academy of Sciences (IASc) and National Academy of Sciences India (NASI)
- Second prize in “Industry Defined Problem”, National Technical Festival of ICT (2015)
I’m from a town named Rajahmundry, located in the Southern Part of India. I received my Bachelor's degree from Institute of Chemical Technology(ICT), Mumbai. My hobbies include travelling, photography, reading books and jogging.
I’m currently working on a tool called Gradient✓ (Gradient Check) available on the PCC website. This tool can be used to estimate the internal and external temperature and concentration gradients for porous heterogeneous catalysts. The tool achieves this by using several established correlations available in the literature to estimate the mixture properties, internal and external transport effects (among many other things).