About Dr. Brandon Pitts
Dr. Brandon Pitts is an Assistant Professor at Purdue University.
Dr. Pitts is also affiliated with the Purdue University Center on Aging and the Life Course, and specializes in driving research on campus. His research interests are in human factors, cognitive ergonomics/engineering, multisensory/multimodal information processing, human-automation interaction, adaptive displays, and aging and technology.
Dr. Pitts received both his PhD and MSE from the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor in Industrial and Operations Engineering, and his BS in Industrial Engineering from Louisiana State University.
PhD, Industrial and Operations Engineering, August 2016, University of Michigan (UM), Ann Arbor, MI
Dissertation title: Age-related differences in multimodal information processing and their implications for adaptive display design
MSE, Industrial and Operations Engineering, May 2013, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
BS, Industrial Engineering, December 2010, Louisiana State University (LSU), Baton Rouge, LA, Cum Laude
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 2017-present
- Assistant Professor, School of Industrial Engineering
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Center for Healthcare Engineering & Patient Safety (CHEPS)
Dr. Brandon Pitts gave this candidate seminar titled "Multimodal Display Design: Uncovering Age-Related Differences in Attention & Information Processing" on March 2, 2016. Formerly at the Univ. of Michigan-Ann Arbor, he joined Purdue IE faculty on Jan. 1, 2017.
Engineer Intern License (E.I.T. #30330), State of Louisiana, April 2011
- NIOSH Traineeship Fellowship Program, 2015-2016
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP), 2011-2014
- Ford Foundation Pre-doctoral Fellowship – Honorable Mention, 2013
- UM Center for Engineering Diversity & Outreach ScholarPOWER Award, 2015
- UM Rackham Graduate School Travel Grant Award, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Distinguished Leadership Award, UM College of Engineering, 2013 - Presented to one graduate student per degree program
- Fall 2010 Commencement Speaker, LSU College of Engineering Graduation Ceremony, 2010 UM Engineering Graduate Symposium Travel Grant Award, 2010
- NSF Funded - LA-STEM Research Scholarship Program, 2007-2010 - Full scholarship that focuses on education, research experience, and mentoring
- Edward Alexander Bouchet Graduate Honor Society, 2015 - Present
- UM Epeians Engineering Leadership Honor Society, 2012 - Present
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES), 2011 - Present
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 2010 - Present
- Alpha Pi Mu (Industrial Engineering Honor Society), 2009 - Present
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society (TBP), 2008 - Present
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), 2007 - Present
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), 2007 - Present
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated, 2014 - Present