- Graduated with Distinction 2014
- American Chemical Society Undergraduate Award in Analytical Chemistry 2014
- Ross Fellowship - Purdue University 2015
I joined the Gounder group in fall 2015 to explore synthesis methods to control heteroatom siting in zeolites and their consequences for catalysis. As a chemistry undergraduate at the University of Colorado at Boulder, I worked for Prof. Barney G. Ellison studying pyrolysis reactions of model biomass molecules. After I graduated, I worked for a year at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) under the direction of Dr. Gregg Beckham and Dr. Eric Karp, where I worked on analytical characterization of pretreated biomass and the downstream crystallization of fermentation products originating from a biomass feedstock. In my free time, I love playing soccer, hiking, and skiing.
Patents and Publications
- Davinia Salvachúa, Eric M. Karp, Claire T. Nimlos, Derek R. Vardon, Gregg T. Beckham, Towards Consolidated Lignin Bioprocessing: Simultaneous lignin depolymerization and co-product generation by bacteria , Green Chemistry, 17, June 2015 (DOI: 10/1039/c5gc01165e)
- Eric M. Karp, Claire T. Nimlos, Steve Deutch, Davinia Salvachúa, Gregg T. Beckham ,Quantification of acidic compounds in lignin rich media, Green Chemistry (submitted)