Long-term Co-Planning of Distributed Chemical and Electrical Systems under Uncertainty
|Interdisciplinary Areas:||Data and Engineering Applications, Smart City, Infrastructure, Transportation, Power, Energy, and the Environment
The chemical industry is a major source of carbon emissions. To achieve the goal of net-zero emissions, significant effort has to be made to electrify and decarbonize the chemical industry. A promising route is to produce chemical products, such as green hydrogen and ammonia, through electrochemical reactions in modular plants. The electricity used by the chemical plant has to come from renewable-based electricity in the future to achieve net-zero emissions.
Research expertise in one or more of the followings areas: linear/nonlinear/mixed-integer programming/machine learning/optimization under uncertainty.
Fluent programming in one of the following programming languages: Python/Julia/C++.
Affiliation: Davidson School of Chemical Engineering
Name: Andrew Liu
Affiliation: School of Industrial Engineering
2. Z. Huang, Q Zheng and A. L. Liu. A nested cross decomposition algorithm for power system capacity expansion with multiscale uncertainties. INFORMS Journal on Computing, online first, https://doi.org/10.1287/ijoc.2022.1177, Mar 2022
3. R. Chen and A. L. Liu. A distributed algorithm for large-scale convex quadratically constrained quadratic programs. Computational Optimization and Applications. Vol. 80, pp 781 – 830, 2021.
4. S. Ramyar, A. L. Liu and Y. Chen. A power market model in presence of strategic prosumers. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. Vol. 35, pp 898 – 908, 2019.
5. V. Krishan, J. Ho, B. H. Hobbs, A. L. Liu, J. D. McCalley, M. Shahidehpour, and Q. Zheng (2015). Co-optimization of electricity transmission and generation resources for planning and policy analysis: Review of concepts and modeling approaches. Energy Systems, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp 297 – 332.
6. Li, C., Conejo, A. J., Liu, P., Omell, B. P., Siirola, J. D., & Grossmann, I. E. (2022). Mixed-integer linear programming models and algorithms for generation and transmission expansion planning of power systems. European Journal of Operational Research, 297(3), 1071-1082.
7. Li, C., Conejo, A. J., Siirola, J. D., & Grossmann, I. E. (2022). On representative day selection for capacity expansion planning of power systems under extreme operating conditions. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 137, 107697.