Awards and Honors
- Best Dataset Award, Passive and Active Measurement Conference 2021.
- Purdue CoE Outstanding Engineering Teacher, Fall 2020
- Purdue Engineering Most Impactful Faculty Inventors of 2020
- Purdue Engineering Most Impactful Faculty Inventor of 2019
- Purdue CoE Outstanding Engineering Teacher, Spring 2019
- Purdue CoE Outstanding Engineering Teacher, Fall 2018
- Qualcomm Faculty Award, 2017.
- IEEE Fellow, 2016.
- Purdue PRF Innovator Hall of Fame, 2014.
Best Student Paper Award, ACM SIGOPS/EuroSys EuroSys, 2012.
Purdue University Faculty Scholar, 2011-2016.
ACM Distinguished Scientist, 2010.
Purdue University College of Engineering Early Career Research Award, 2009.
Best Paper Award, International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications
(SENSORCOMM), Valencia, Spain, October 14-20, 2007.
Chicago-Area Purdue Alumni Young Faculty Award, 2004.
NSF CAREER Award, 2003-2008.
Honda Initiation Grant Award, 2002. (selection rate: 3%)
Impressive Entry in 1994 Gordon Bell Prize Competition, with S. Lennart Johnsson, Computer 28(1), January 1995. (online version)
Linpack Benchmark World Record, with Thinking Machines Corporation, ranked #1 in the
first TOP500 Supercomputers list, June 1993.