Application-specific sensor network models and protocols for monitoring
manufacturing and other systems
- What is optimal configuration/deployment of sensors?
- Effective utilization of resources under heterogeneous sensor
- How to collaboratively deliver/process/integrate sensors¡¯ data
to meet quality/accuracy/service goals?
- Nonlinear Programming model for optimal deployment
- Fuzzy-based Interfered Sensory Data Processing Protocol (ISDPP)
- Use redundant data
- Calculate the confidence value for each sensor reading
- Compute fused value by FUSVAF
- Determine EWMA predictor by using an adaptive time series
(dynamic adjustment by the state based on fuzzy logic)
Recent organizations involved
Center for Advanced Manufacturing at Purdue University, Naval Surface
Warfare Center Crane Division, Eli Lilly, Emerson
Ko, H.S., Lim, H., Jeong, W., and Nof, S.Y. 2010. "A statistical analysis of interference and effective deployment strategies for facility-specific wireless sensor networks," Computers in Industry, 61(5):472-479.
Jeong, W. and Nof, S.Y. "Design of timeout-based wireless microsensor network protocols: energy and latency considerations," Int. J. Sensor Networks, Vol. 5, No. 3, 2009, 142?152.
Jeong, W., and Nof, S.Y. "A collaborative sensor network middleware for automated production systems." Special issue on collaborative e-Work networks in industrial engineering, International Journal of Computers and IE, 57(1), 2009, 106-113.
Jeong, W., and S.Y. Nof, "Performance evaluation of wireless sensor network protocols for industrial applications," J. Intelligent Manufacturing, 19, 2008, 335?345.
Jeong, W., and S.Y. Nof, "Timeout-based Information Forwarding Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks," Int. J. Distributed Sensor Networks, 3(4), 2007, 331-346.
Jeong, W. and Nof, S. Y. (2007). Timeout-based information forwarding protocol for wireless sensor networks, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 3(4), pp. 331-346.
Hoo Sang Ko (firstname.lastname@example.org)