The mission is the investigation, development, and experimentation of computer intelligence and information technologies for better quality and effectiveness of distributed and collaborative production and service systems. Researchers and professors from schools of engineering, science, agriculture, management, and technology collaborate on joint educational, industrial, and research projects. International and visiting scholars join activities on certain projects. The PRISM Laboratory includes multiple interactive CAD and DSS workstations and access to robots and high-performance computers.
- Industrial robotics, flexible assembly, cyber-physical systems, facility sensor networks
- e-Work, e-Service, and collaborative control theory
- Collaborative intelligence, design and control algorithms & protocols for multi-agent systems
- Complex systems, networked enterprises, supply networks
- International projects related to the above areas with visiting scholars from Australia, Chile, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Norway, Taiwan, Romania, Portugal, Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, and the UK
Research themes (2014)
Till 2014, over 50 small and large companies and over 100 students have participated in the over 70 PRISM projects. Currently, there are twelve active projects in the PRISM Center.
In August 2001 the PRISM Symposium & Reunion on "Integration, Networking, and the Next Decade" took place in West Lafayette, Indiana, co-sponsored by NSF, Indiana 21st Century Research & Technology Fund, and Intelligenceware (Korea), with proceedings published on a CD (ISBN 0-931682-924.) Another outcome of the 2001 Symposium was the establishment of PGRN, PRISM Global Research Network, which has the objective of worldwide collaboration among related and affiliated research centers and institutes. PGRN itself is affiliated with the IFPR Network.
Members of the PRISM Center and PGRN lead the development of the Springer Handbook of Automation (published 2009).
In July 2011, we celebrated the 20th Reunion of our PRISM Center and 10th Anniversary of the PGRN at ICPR-20 in Stuttgart, Germany.
Since 2008, the PRISM Center also participates actively in the HUB-CI Collaboratorium and Collaborative Intelligence School of IE Initiative.
We are looking forward to your participation in our 25th Reunion in 2016.