Accepted Papers / In press:
22. Chatterjee K, Venkataraman A, Garbaciak T, Rotella J, Sangid MD, Beaudoin A, Kenesei P, Park J-S, Pilchak A, “Study of grain-level deformation and residual stresses in Ti-7Al under combined bending and tension using high energy diffraction microscopy (HEDM),” International Journal of Solids and Structures (2016).
19. Mello AW, Nicolas A, Lebensohn RA, Sangid MD, “Effect of microstructure on strain localization in a 7050 Aluminum alloy: comparison of experiments and modeling for various textures,” Materials Science and Enginering A 661 187-197 (2016).
18. Yeratapally SR, Glavicic MG, Hardy M, Sangid MD, “Microstructure based fatigue life prediction framework for polycrystalline nickel-base superalloys with emphasis on the role played by twin boundaries in crack initiation,” Acta Materialia 107 152-167 (2016).
17. Rovinelli A, Lebensohn RA, Sangid MD, “Influence of microstructure variability on short crack behavior through postulated micromechanical short crack driving force metrics,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 138 265-288 (2015).
15. Sangid MD, “The physics of fatigue crack initiation,” International Journal of Fatigue 57 58-72 (2013). * IJF Top Downloaded Journal Paper for last 90 days (since Aug 2013 to present).
14. Saeidpourazar R, Li R, Li Y, Sangid MD, Lü C, Huang Y, Rogers JA, Ferreira PM, “Laser-driven micro transfer placement of prefabricated microstructures,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems 21 1049-1058 (2012).
13. Pataky GJ, Sangid MD, Sehitoglu H, Hamilton RF, Maier HJ, Sofronis P, “Full field measurements of anisotropic stress intensity factor ranges in fatigue,” Engineering Fracture Mechanics 94 13-28 (2012).
12. Abuzaid W, Sangid MD, Carroll J, Sehitoglu H, Lambros J, “Slip transfer and plastic strain accumulation across grain boundaries in Hastelloy X,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 60 1201-1220 (2012).
9. Sangid MD, Pataky GJ, Sehitoglu H, Rateick RG, Niendorf T, Maier HJ, “Superior fatigue crack growth resistance, irreversibilities, and fatigue crack growth-microstructure relationship of nanocrystalline alloys,” Acta Materialia 59 7340-7355 (2011).
5. Sangid MD, Ezaz T, Sehitoglu H, Robertson IM, “Energy of slip transmission and nucleation at grain boundaries,” Acta Materialia 59 283-296 (2011). * Acta Materialia Top 10 Most Downloaded Journal Paper for 4th Quarter of 2011.
2. Sangid MD, Stori JA, Ferreira PM, “Process characterization of vibrostrengthening and application to fatigue enhancement of aluminum aerospace components – Part II. Process visualization and modeling,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 53 561-575 (2011).
1. Sangid MD, Stori JA, Ferreira PM, “Process characterization of vibrostrengthening and application to fatigue enhancement of aluminum aerospace components – Part I. Experimental study of process parameters,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 53 545-560 (2011).
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings:
8. Ayei RF, Sharma B, Sangid MD, “Investigating
Sub-surface Microstructure in Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites via X-Ray
Tomography Characterization,” For presentation at AIAA SciTech, Materials
Testing & Characterization, January 4, 2016. AIAA 2016-2319522.
7. Esquivel J, Sangid MD, “Digital image correlation of heterogeneous deformation in polycrystalline material with electron backscatter diffraction,” For presentation at Microscopy & Microanalysis 2015, Portland, OR, August 2-6, 2015. ID: 0546-000591.
6. Cannon AH, Hochhalter JD, Mello AW, Bomarito GF, Sangid MD, “MicroStamping for improved speckle patterns to enable digital image correlation,” For presentation at Microscopy & Microanalysis 2015, Portland, OR, August 2-6, 2015. ID: 0546-000769.
5. Wang J, Nguyen BN, Mathur R, Sharma B, Sangid MD, Costa F, Jin X, Tucker CL, Fifield LS, “Fiber Orientation in Injection Molded Long Carbon Fiber Thermoplastic Composites,” For presentation at ANTEC, Injection Molding Division, Society of Plastics Engineers, Orlando, March 23-25, 2015.
4. Sangid MD, Yeratapally SR, Rovinelli A, “Validation of microstructure-based materials modeling,” AIAA SciTech Journal, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, National Harbor, Maryland, January 13-17, 2014. AIAA 2014-0462
3. Saeidpourazar R, Sangid MD, Rogers JA, Ferreira PM, “A prototype printer for laser driven micro-transfer printing,” To appear in Journal of Manufacturing Processes (2012). Proceedings of NAMRI/SME, North American Manufacturing Research Institution/Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Vol. 40, South Bend, Indiana, June 4-8, 2012. * First Runner-up for the NAMRI/SME Outstanding Paper.
2. Sangid MD, Sehitoglu H, Maier HJ, Furrer DU, Glavicic MG, Stillinger JD, “Role of microstructure in prediction fatigue performance,” AIAA Journal, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Honolulu, Hawaii, April 23-26, 2012. AIAA 2012-1489
Non-Reviewed Conference Publications: