****Tentatively available for application for Fall 2021***
The online Master's program in Nuclear Engineering will admit students for fall and spring terms. Tentative start date is 2020. The details on the requirements and deadlines for the MNE program are detailed below.
This program is offered through the School of Nuclear Engineering, and applicants with admissions questions specific to the MNE degree should be directed to that department (contact details are specified below). The Graduate School provides details on specific scores for admission.
Admission into the online MNE is based on the following criteria:
- Application form to Graduate School
- Statement of Purpose (300-500 words)
- Official transcripts (international students need original language and English translation)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE* (general test) and TOEFL scores (international only).
TOEFL cannot be more than two years old.
- One page resume
*Note that the GRE is not required for Purdue NE grads and students with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
Nuclear Engineering Program Deadlines:
- Fall term
- January 15 - priority consideration of admission and financial support
- May 1 - Final date to apply for Fall, minimal financial aid available
- Spring term
- September 30 - highly selective, minimal financial aid available
Send MNE application transcripts to:
School of Nuclear Engineering
Graduate Studies Office
400 Central Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907