The online Master of Nuclear Engineering degree admits students for fall and spring terms. The requirements and deadlines for the MNE program are detailed below.
This program is offered through the School of Nuclear Engineering, and admissions questions specific to the MNE degree should be directed to that department (contact details are specified below). The Graduate School provides details on specific scores for admission
Admission into the online MNE is based on the following criteria:
- Application form to The Graduate School
- Statement of Purpose (300-500 words)
- Official transcripts (international students need original language and English translation)
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores (international only). Please visit The Graduate School webpage for required scores.TOEFL cannot be more than two years old.
- One-page current resume
Statement of Purpose Assistance
Please respond to the following prompts to guide your statement of purpose. This statement will facilitate our evaluation of your application. One to two paragraphs for each prompt should be sufficient to address our questions.
- How has your professional background to date prepared you for the study of Nuclear Engineering at the graduate-level at Purdue University?
- How has your academic background prepared you for the study of Nuclear Engineering at the graduate-level at Purdue University?
- What strategies will you use to ensure you have the time and flexibility to proactively engage course requirements in our program?
- How is the curriculum in our program aligned with your personal and professional goals?
- What else should we know about you that will help us assess your application?”
Nuclear Engineering Degree Deadlines:
- Fall term - July 15
- Spring term - Nov 15
Please use the following links to see detailed instructions on how to apply to the program and where to submit your application.
Send Nuclear Engineering Degree Application Transcripts to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Purdue University Graduate School
155 South Grant Street, YONG 170
West Lafayette, IN 47907