Yaohua Tan's Biography
Yaohua Tan joined the Klimeck research group in August 2008 and he is currently a PhD student.
Yaohua Tan received his Bachelor Degree and Master degree in Tsinghua University, China. He used to be working on band structure and mobility calculations of strained semiconductors.
Yaohua's current research is focused on Tight Binding Parameterization from ab-initio calculation and its applications.
- Mapping of ab-initio methods to tight binding and application to nanoscale transport.
- Ab-initio band unfolding
- Tight Binding parameterization of strained materials
- Tight Binding parameterization of superlattices
- Mapping of ab-initio to Tight Binding (application to UTBs)
- Parameterization of 2D materials
Yaohua's Current interest also includes:
- Quantum transport theory
- ab-initio and Tight Binding band structure calculations for exotic materials like MoS2 Bi2Se3 and their applications
- Understanding the principle of Topological Insulators