VIP Awards Announced for Spring 2021
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the Spring 2021 Vertically Integrated Projects (VIP) Program Awards in recognition of outstanding participants through individual and team awards. Student and team categories include Leadership, Outstanding First Year/Sophomore, Innovation in Design, and Share with the World. Additionally, graduate students and faculty are recognized for the efforts in mentoring successful teams. Nominations were sought from students, faculty, and staff. The following individuals and teams are recognized for their contributions for Spring 2021.
Individual Student Awards
- Outstanding Leadership
- Outstanding First Year/Sophomore
Outstanding Innovation in Design
- Jack Grunenwald, Rodetur
Share with the World – broader impact through outreach, publications, grants, creating opensource code, etc.
Earth History Visualization:
- Faculty Mentors: James Ogg and Aaron Ault
- Graduate Mentor: Wen Du
- Sub-team Members: Suyash Mishra,Yuzheng Qian, and Sree Panuganti
- Earth History Visualization:
- Outstanding Faculty Mentor– Professor James Davis, TensorFlow Model Garden
- Outstanding Faculty Mentor of First Year Researchers – Professor Alina Alexeenko, FEMTA, Solar Sail, and LyoHub
- Outstanding Graduate Mentor - Tong Yao, SWARMS Simulation Platform Team