Following are the required application materials:
For Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) and Master of Science (MS)
- Graduate School online application and non-refundable application fee (there is no fee for non-degree applications). Apply now
- Statement of purpose should be 300-500 words. No special form is required; it may be submitted either online with your application or mailed separately to Engineering Professional Education (ProEd).
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can assess your academic potential. Letters should be submitted online with the application or sent (via mail or fax) by the recommender directly to ProEd.
- Original transcripts from all universities attended (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts should be mailed directly to ProEd from the institution. Copies will not be accepted. Transcripts not written in English must be submitted with a certified English translation.
- TOEFL, International applicants whose native language is not English may need to provide proof of English proficiency.
Note: while the admissions review process will not begin until all of the above materials have been received, you may submit the online application first and then work toward sending in the other required documents.
|If application and all supporting documentation are received by
||then applicant will be considered for admission for the
|summer semester (May – August)
|fall semester (August – December)
|spring semester (January – May)
Send Application Materials to:
Graduate Program Secretary
Engineering Professional Education
Potter Engineering Center, Rm. 364
500 Central Dr
West Lafayette IN 47907-2022
You may submit letters of recommendation online, send to the address above or fax to: (765) 494-6628.
After You Submit Your Application:
After you have completed the application process, the ProEd Academic Director will review your materials. If recommended for admission, your materials will be forwarded to the Purdue University Graduate School. We will notify you of the application decision via e-mail. You may also check the status of your application online. Once admitted to the program, you will receive an outline of the admission conditions, if any, and will learn how to file a Plan of Study (POS).