Affiliated with the broader Purdue's Initiative for Physical AI (IPAI) and Autonomous and Connected Systems Initiative (ACSI), the mission of the Institute for Control, Optimization and Networks (ICON) at Purdue University is to integrate diverse expertise in classical theories in control, optimization and networks with recent advance in AI, machine learning and data science to pursue innovative solutions to grand challenges in autonomous and connected systems including robotics, autonomous vehicles, precision agriculture, space autonnomy, manufacturing plants, transportation networks, supply chains, healthcare systems, power and communication systems, and social networks. In particular, ICON brings together researchers from across Purdue to:
- Establish foundational knowledge and develop advanced techniques for controlling and optimizing complex dynamical systems;
- Offer customizable curricula and leverage diverse delivery approaches to meet emerging educational needs;
- Collaborate with industry, governmental agencies, and national labs to tackle national and global priorities.
Interested in learning more?
- Meet the experts in ICON.
- Find out about the exciting research initiatives that ICON researchers are tackling.
- Visit our cutting edge facilities and labs.
- Learn about the breadth and depth of ICON's ongoing educational events at Purdue.
- See the long history of contributions to automatic control at Purdue.
- Check highlights ICON's recent achievements.