Communicate Visa Status
- Be familiar with your status i.e. F1/ J1 and options. Educate and communicate this to an employer clearly and with confidence.
- Research international employee friendly companies or Top Employers for Purdue International students.
- Disclose your status in the second round, if it was not already discussed.
- Remind employers of your CPT/OPT eligibility which allows them a 'trial run' with you before petitioning for your H1B visa.
- Convey optimism about your chances for work permission approval, if you have begun the process.
- Set yourself apart from your competitors—market the skills and qualities that you will bring to the firm that will make you stand out from the crowd.