AIChE: American Institute of Chemical Engineers
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) was founded in 1908 with only 19 members nationally. Their original goal was to help establish the discipline of chemical engineering by setting the foundation for a constantly evolving and vital profession. Today, AIChE is the world’s leading organization for chemical engineering professionals with more than 60,000 members from more than 110 countries.
The Purdue Chapter, founded in 1929, has over 700 members, and is one of the most active chapters internationally! Awarded "Outstanding Student Chapter" by the National Board for seven years in a row. Purdue AIChE has led the way when it comes to student development and networking. Our leadership team is split up into "committees," and each focuses on one of four tenents:
- Connecting students with students
- Connecting students with industry
- Connecting students with faculty
- Connecting students with the community
Learn more about our committees here, and learn about how you can join one below!
- Establish professional development opportunities for chemical engineering students
- Embrace/welcome all members to foster an inclusive and safe environment that embodies diversity for all of Chemical Engineering at Purdue University
- Facilitate the development of Chemical Engineering at Purdue University
- Engage with the local and national community through regular service projects
Want to join our leadership team and help plan events like the ones below? Join AIChE and come to our first callout (Fall and Spring) to learn more about joining a committee! Terms are for one semester only, so many of our committee members are co-op!
Joining is completely free! Just hit this link, and enter your email for our weekly email list. Weekly emails contain updates about the organization, great leadership opportunities (such as joining one of our outstanding committees), and information about events! Check out our Gallery for past event pictures! Some examples of events we have held in the past are:
- Industrial Roundtable Mega Prep Night
- Expo Mega Prep Night
- Pancake Breakfast
- Volunteering at Natalie's Second Chance Dog Shelter