Peer-reviewed Journal Publications
- A. Prakash and K. D. Hjelmstad, A FETI-based multi-time-step coupling method for Newmark schemes in Structural Dynamics. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 61(13):2183-2204, 2004.
- K. B. Nakshatrala, A. Prakash, and K. D. Hjelmstad, On dual Schur domain decomposition method for linear first-order transient problems. Journal of Computational Physics, 228(21):7957-7985, 2009.
- A. Prakash, E. Taciroglu and K. D. Hjelmstad, Computationally efficient adaptive time integration for transient non-linear problems in structural dynamics. Computers & Structures, 133: 51-63, March 2014.
- A. Maghareh, S.J. Dyke, A. Prakash, G. Bunting, Establishing a predictive performance indicator for real-time hybrid simulation. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 43(15): 2299-2318, June 2014.
- R. Ojha, A. Prakash, R.S. Govindaraju, Local- and field-scale vertical solute transport in heterogeneous unsaturated soils. Water Resources Research, 50(8): 6658-6678, August 2014.
- A. Maghareh, S.J. Dyke, A. Prakash, J. Rhoads, Establishing a Stability Switch Criterion for Effective Implementation of Real-time Hybrid Simulation. Smart Structures and Systems, 14(6): 1221-1245, December 2014.
- R. Ojha, A. Prakash, C. Corradini, R. Morbidelli, R.S. Govindaraju, Temporal moment analysis for stochastic-advective vertical solute transport in heterogeneous unsaturated soils. Journal of Hydrology, 521: 261-273, February 2015.
- H. Cha, B. Liu, A. Prakash, A.H. Varma, Effect of local damage caused by overweight trucks on the durability of steel bridges. ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Accepted September 2014.
- G. Ou, A. Prakash, S.J. Dyke, Modified Runge-Kutta Integration Algorithm for Improved Accuracy and Stability in Real Time Hybrid Simulation. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Accepted March 2015.
Peer-reviewed Conference Publications
- C. Liu, H. Jamal, M. Kulkarni, A. Prakash, V. Pai, Exploiting Domain Knowledge to Optimize Parallel Computational Mechanics Code. 27th International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS), Eugene, Oregon, USA, June 10-14, 2013, pp 421-432. Acceptance rate: 21%.
- D. Ferry, G. Bunting, A. Maghareh, A. Prakash, S. Dyke, K. Agrawal, C. Gill, C. Lu, Real-Time System Support for Hybrid Structural Simulation. Proceedings of the International Conference on Embedded Software (EMSOFT), New Delhi, India, October 12-17, 2014. Acceptance rate: 25%.
- A. Prakash, R. Harb, E. Taciroglu, S. Sharafat and N. Ghoniem, Multi-scale thermo-mechanical modeling and simulation of cellular solids at high strain rates, 10th US National Congress on Comp. Mechanics, Columbus, Ohio, July 16-19, 2009. Keynote lecture (delivered on behalf of E. Taciroglu).
- A. Prakash and E. Taciroglu, Accurate multi-time-step methods for coupled Meshfree-FEM simulation of transient Non-linear problems, 10th US National Congress on Comp. Mechanics, Columbus, Ohio, July 16-19, 2009.
- A. Prakash, W. Elmer and E. Taciroglu, Mixed time-stepping for coupled meshfree and finite element simulations. 8th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, Venice, Italy, June 30-July 4, 2008.
- A. Prakash and K. D. Hjelmstad, A Parallel Recursive Domain Decomposition Method for Non-linear Transient Analysis using multiple time steps. 7th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, Los Angeles, California, USA, July 16-22, 2006.
- A. Prakash and K. D. Hjelmstad, A multi-time-step coupling method for Nonlinear Structural Dynamics. 8th US National Congress on Comp. Mechanics, Austin, Texas, USA, July 24-28, 2005.
- A. Prakash and K. D. Hjelmstad, Recursive domain decomposition based multi-time-step coupling method for Structural Dynamics. 3rd MIT Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics, Boston, Massachusetts, June 14-17, 2005.
- A. Prakash and K. D. Hjelmstad, A multi-time-step coupling method for Newmark schemes in Structural Dynamics, Proceedings of McMat2005: 2005 Joint ASME/ASCE/SES Conference on Mechanics and Materials, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, June 1-3, 2005.
- Session Chair, Computational Mechanics Symposium, McMat2005: 2005 Joint ASME/ASCE/SES Conference on Mechanics and Materials, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, June 1-3, 2005.