Kai Miao's Biography
Kai Miao is a PhD student of this group. Kai joined the Klimeck research group in August 2010.
Kai Miao was born in Suide, Shanxi province, P.R.China. He received his Bachelor and Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, both from University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu in 2007 and 2010, respectively.
Kai's research is focused on the computational modeling and simulation of electronic structure and phonon transport properties in ultra-scaled semiconductor devices.
Presently he is working on these following research areas:
- Study of phonon transport in semiconductor nanostructures.
- Study of SiGe superlattice nanowires as thermoelectric device.
- Study of the strain effect on GaAs nanowire.
- Phonon dispersion in Bandstructure Lab
- Heat transfer across TiSi2(C54)/Si interface
- Büttiker probe in thermal transport
- Overview of phonon transport in NEMO5