|HW01: Development tools: Vim||due||1/17||Fri|
|HW02: Strings: print_integer(…)||due||1/24||Fri|
|HW03: Development tools: GDB||due||1/30||Thu|
|HW04: Strings: mintf(…)||due||2/7||Fri|
|HW05: Mini-unit: #define + make||due||2/17||Mon|
|HW06: Dynamic memory: smintf(…)||due||2/27||Thu|
|HW07: Who Gets The Cake||due||3/5||Thu|
|HW08: JSON 1||due||3/9||Mon|
|HW09: JSON 2||due||3/14||Sat|
|HW10: Tree sort||due||3/27||Fri|
|HW11: Huffman 1: priority queue||due||4/2||Thu|
|HW12: Huffman 2: files, frequencies||due||4/8||Wed|
|HW13: Huffman 3: linked list of trees||due||4/14||Tue|
|HW14: Huffman 4: build Huffman tree||due||4/17||Fri|
|HW15: Huffman 5: write bits to a file||due||4/20||Mon|
|HW16: Huffman 6: encode tree to file||due||4/23||Thu|
|HW17: Huffman 7: encode data to file||due||4/25||Sat|
|HW18: Huffman 8: command line||due||4/30||Thu|
|HW19: Buffer overflow||due||5/2||Sat|
|EC02: Parallel Adaptive Threshold||due||5/2||Sat|
|Deadlines for "preview" assignments may change without notice.|
Section 2 lecture: Mon/Wed/Fri 8:30-9:20am,
Office hours: Wed/Fri 9:30-11:00am,
Section 3 lecture: Mon/Wed/Fri 10:30-11:20am,
Office hours: Mon/Thu 11:30-1:00pm,
✉ Include “ECE 264” in the email subject. Email should be limited to matters that only your instructor should see (i.e., confidential, etc.). Use Piazza for questions about homework, course policies, or technical difficulties, unless otherwise directed.
Lab help hours
Lab help hours are Mon-Fri 3-7pm + Sun 2-4pm EDT. There are two ways to get help:
- Piazza rapid response. During TA help hours, half of the TAs on duty will make Piazza their top priority during those hours to provide fast replies. These "Piazza-first" TAs will respond to Webex requests only if there are no unanswered questions on Piazza.
Webex. The other TAs will be "WebEx-first". If the queue is empty,
they will switch to Piazza, but will otherwise, be here to help you
synchronously (via WebEx). To get help:
- Open your Webex meeting room. https://purdue-student.webex.com/meet/USERNAME
- Go to QueUp (room=CQW8GZV8).
- Title: Describe what you need specifically in ≈15−30 characters.
✔ "Clarify create_bst(..) reqmts", “Debug seg fault”, "How do I start HW10?"
✘ “help”, “debug”, “HW10”, “zzzz”, “” ← ⚠ Requests with vague titles may be ignored or deleted to reduce delays due to people adding their name before they have a question.
- Identifier: Enter your username (e.g., ppiferi).
- When a TA is available, they will connect to your Webex meeting room.
|Sec. 2 (W)||Sec. 3 (Q)|
|Exam 1||Wed 2/19||8–9pm||EE 129||PHYS 112|
|Exam 2||Thu 3/12||8–9pm||WTHR 200||WALC 1055|
|Exam 3||Thu 4/9||8–9pm||EE 129||PHYS 112|
|Final exam||Thu 5/7||1–3pm||CL50 224|