Research in our group is centered on biomedical appli-cations of MEMS (BioMEMS) and nanotechnology. This includes a variety of device and microsystems to address important clinical problems. Our group collaborates closely with physicians in order to transfer the technology to the clinic. This website presents brief descriptions of the current and recent projects pursued in our lab. For more information see the published literature or contact us.
ZBML in the news:
- [IOPScience] IOP Select : Laser-assisted fabrication of batteries on wax paper
- [Purdue] Scotch tape finds new use as grasping 'smart material'
- [NSF] EFRI-BioFLEX Award: Tissue Engineered Flexible Sensors, Actuators and Electronics for Chronic Wound Management
- [Science] Rap Music Powers Health Device (MEMS '12)
- [engadget] Purdue University creates 'bass' powered medical implant, knows where it hertz
- [ScienceDaily] Tiny Oxygen Generators Boost Effectiveness of Anticancer Treatment
- [Purdue] Hydrogels used to make precise new sensor
- [CNET] New pump to deliver drugs via microneedle patch
- [Purdue] New lab-on-chip advance uses low-cost, disposable paper strips
- [Science Daily] Ferropaper' Is New Technology for Small Motors, Robots
- 10/25/2013: Congratulations to Chris on his acceptance to the MEMS 2014 Conference!
- 5/10/2013: Congratulations to Manny on passing his Preliminary Examination!
- 4/25/2013: Congratulations to Girish on his PhD defense!
- 04/22/2013: Congratulations to Jun on passing his Preliminary Examination!
- 04/10/2013: Congratulations to Marcus on passing his Master's defense!
- 02/15/2013: Congratulations to Jun, Sammy, Girish, Rahim, and Manny on their abstract acceptances to Transducers '13!
- 02/14/2013: Congratulations to Albert on receiving the 2013 Magoon Excellence in Teaching Award for his outstanding teaching during the Fall 2012 semester!
- 02/05/2013: Congratulations to Rahim, Girish, and Manny on their abstract acceptance to MMB '13!
- 12/05/2012: Congratulations to Manny on winning 2nd place at the MRS Fall'12 Science as Art Competition!
- 05/01/2012: Congratulations to Sammy on passing his Preliminary Examination!
- 03/27/2012: Congratulations to Girish and Albert their acceptance to the HiltonHead 2012 Conference!
- 12/13/2011: Congratulations to Harris on his PhD defense!
- 10/24/2011: Congratulations to Albert, Girish, and Harris on their acceptance to the MEMS 2012 Conference!