EPICS Priority Project Program
The intent of the priority project program is to select a small set of projects (pilot to start with 5 or fewer) from the 100+ ongoing EPICS projects and to provide those project teams with additional expertise and resources to ensure that a timely and quality deliverable is produced.
The Priority Project Program is open to all EPICS teams.
Projects will be evaluated on the following:
- Justification of need for additional resources and/or consulting
- Demonstration of functional prototype
- Quality and thoroughness of the products of detailed design (circuit diagrams, engineering drawings, etc)
Announcement: Program is advertised at Advisor and TA training and then in week 1 and 2 student email announcements
Application: Applications will be conducted via Qualtrics survey and will be due at the end of week 2
Selection: Consulting team will meet at the start of week 3 and select projects.
Kick-Off: A meeting with all teams will be held at the end of week 3.
Ongoing Support: The consulting team will establish a meeting schedule for each project team.
- Regular access to consulting team that will assist with planning, purchasing, fabrication, outsourcing, etc.
- Access to additional pool of funds to be used for fabrication and/or outsourcing