[ESW] ESW Events

Olivia Kay Steele osteele at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 11 23:10:44 EDT 2014

Hey ESW!

I hope everyone's surviving this week. How does the week before spring break always become so busy and exam-packed?

    • March 12 - Student Sustainability Council

        • This takes the place of our meeting Wednesday. Please come to this instead!
        • The Student Sustainability Council is meeting at 5:30 PM in POTR 1 4 1 . ESW is a member organization and all of you are welcome to attend the meeting. It's a truly inspiring group of people. This next meeting we will have the opportunity to brainstorm with Purdue big wigs about what we would like to see done about sustainability at Purdue. Here are the panelists:

            • Michael Gulich, Office of University Sustainability
            • Don Staley, Senior Landscape Architect
            • Richard Johnson, University Policy Resources Committee/Sustainability Sub-Committee
            • Dan Schuster, Senior Energy And Strategy Risk Analyst
            • Leigh Raymond, Global Sustainability Institute/Center for the Environment

March 25 - Pandora's Promise Documentary

        • The next in our documentary series will be held in L o eb from 6-8:30 . This promises to be a fascinating debate inducing film as it re-opens the nuclear power discussion. Watch the trailer here and get intrigued.

    • March 26 - ESW General Meeting

        • Our next general meeting after spring break will be at 6 PM . Come catch up on what the club has been up to since the last meeting.

Other events:

    • March 28 - 30

        • Green Building Council is hosting Lead LEED: The Next Generation . The conference held at Purdue will have speakers such as the writer of the most recent LEED standards and Mayor Dixon, the mayor of the greenest city in the world. The cost is $45 for students which includes a banquet meal. Click here to find more information and to register.
Friday Night Lights!

        • Every Friday you can volunteer to help turn out lights in buildings all over campus. It takes less than an hour and you get free Chipotle in the bargain. Sign up for a Friday here.

See you tomorrow!

Olivia Steele

Community Service and Events Coordinator

Engineers for a Sustainable World