ESE-faculty-list ESE-Lynn Fellowship Nominations Due March 25, 2013

Lee, Linda S lslee at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 19 08:47:04 EDT 2013

DUE: March 25th - Send your application material electronically to Christal Musser and cc me.
ESE has been given 4 ESE-Lynn PhD Fellowships of our own to decide and distribute.
These fellowships cover most of the first year of funding and the faculty member/associated academic dept commit the subsequent 3 years based on satisfactory progress as defined in the ESE handbook (courses, research, and logistics with regards to committee and POS establishment)
A complete nomination includes:
*         A letter of nomination from the potential advisor (1 page).
*         A statement indicating how you plan to support the student for the three additional years, which can include other fellowships, research assistantships, teaching assistantships, or a combination thereof. Complete funding details are not required, but we need to know you are making the commitment to keep the student funded (assuming satisfactory progress, etc.). Note we also work with these students to submit NSF, etc. fellowship applications and we have been quite successful the last few years.

Other details to access applications and updates:
SharePoint Site: Go to the ESE page (http://www.purdue.edu/ese and click on faculty log in (bottom right on our NEW website) or got directly to app site:

1.       When you Login you must put ONEPURDUE\ and then your log in name (same name and password as for all your other Purdue accounts)

2.       In the left column under "Site Hierarchy" go to the folder "ESE 2013".  A Snapshot spreadsheet (with a date) will be posted in in this general ESE 2012 folder for a quick review of applicants, which will include faculty listed in the application and additional faculty we think should review the folder based on potential overlapping interests. NOTE: There are 4 worksheets in this snapshot excel file - Admitted (admitted but does not mean they have accepted), Faculty Review (no decision yet), Preview (incomplete applications), and Declined

3.       FYI: For apps listed in Faculty Review, you are welcome to do an Applicant Review (briefly answering a few questions). After you have read through the application go to "2013 Applicant Review" near the top of the right column of the website page and click on "Respond to Survey" (on upper bar), which will pull up a simple review sheet with a minimal number of entries and questions.