ESE-faculty-list ESE Keystone Series - Get involved!

Lee, Linda S lslee at purdue.edu
Mon Mar 18 13:32:56 EDT 2013

ESE Faculty - Here is a special opportunity to interact with the ESE students and foster critical thinking around a hot topic while having a great time together! I look forward to seeing you at both events - I delayed my trip to China and Korea just so I wouldn't miss this series!!

RSVP Now Open for the March 27th ESE Discussion on Natural Gas Extraction (Hydraulic Fracturing)

We invite you to participate in one of the best interdisciplinary discussions of the year!  We are thrilled to welcome outstanding resources to Purdue's campus this spring to discuss the topic of High Volume Natural Gas Extraction<http://www.gradschool.purdue.edu/ese/keystone/index.cfm>.  You may remember from last year that the Keystone Series includes two major events designed to give ESE students and faculty a chance to think about and discuss controversial topics of global importance in an advocacy-free environment.

RSVP today for these events at the webpage here<http://www.gradschool.purdue.edu/ese/keystone/RSVP/index.cfm>:

Wednesday, March 27th from 6-8PM, ESE Keystone World Café
The first event is a facilitated dialogue designed for ESE students, faculty, and invited guests to exchange knowledge, ideas, and perspectives in open-concept discussion.  Using a World Café format, small group discussions steer the direction of the evening, where a variety of core topics<http://www.gradschool.purdue.edu/ese/keystone/topics.cfm> can be explored in-depth.

Wednesday, April 10th from 6-8PM, Interdisciplinary Perspectives on High Volume Natural Gas Extraction
The second event is an interdisciplinary panel of incredible speakers representing a variety of perspectives on the natural gas expansion.  This year's panel includes representatives from industry, academia, and popular press who will speak on benefits and tradeoffs of industry expansion, potential air and water quality impacts, boomtown dynamics on rural communities, national and international natural gas economics, and how complexity of the subject is conveyed in the media.

Linda S. Lee
Ecological Science & Engineering Interdisciplinary Graduate Program, Program Head
http://www.purdue.edu/ese/<http://www.purdue.edu/dp/ese/>
Professor, Environmental Chemistry, http://www.agry.purdue.edu/staffbio/lslbio.htm
Associate Head, Purdue University, Department of Agronomy
Crop Soil & Environmental Sciences
915 W. State Street, 3-363 Lilly Hall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2054
Office: (765) 494-8612; Cell (765) 414-3086  Fax (765) 496-2926