[BNC-grads-list] Upcoming tours

Deborah Starewich dstarewi at exchange.purdue.edu
Fri Jan 18 11:27:44 EST 2008

Hi, kids!

A couple items of interest regarding tours:

The DP Engagement office is nearing the completion of tour training.  Tour
guides will have scripts from which to design tours around our audiences.
They hope to have some training sessions during early February. Yeah!

For those of you interested in seeing a ³live² tour, watch the Monday Memos
for scheduled tours.  By joining tours with audiences that may be important
for you to have networked, you may make some valuable connections.  Check
with me on the tour guide, Tim has offered that for MOST of his tours,
students may join the audience.

UPCOMING TOUR GUIDE NEED:
Tuesday, 01.29, 1:40 to 2:15 (visitors could be a bit early, we¹ll be on
³standby²) MEET IN SKYWALK:  William Stephen, VP for Engagement at IU.  May
I suggest that a student or students join me for this tour?  I could give
the ³BNC + company² story and student(s) could talk about the research that
they¹re doing (we could visit those specific labs, showing casing the entire
facility as we travel between labs).

FUTURE TOUR (BELIEVE ME, I¹LL ASK FOR PARTICIPATION AGAIN)
Monday, 02.04, 11:25 to 11:55: Purdue Women¹s Club.  A group of 30 women of
various ages; most are affiliated with Purdue in some way. The tour is part
of the Purdue Women¹s Club Lecture Series.  They are interested in learning
about the current technology and research at Purdue as well as seeing the
facilities.  I suggest we do the same as I¹ve suggested for the 1.29 tour.

Thanks so much for your consideration :) :) :)

Deborah

Deborah S. Starewich
Administrative Assistant to Timothy D. Sands, Director

765-494-3509
dstarewi at ecn.purdue.edu

http://www.nano.purdue.edu/