[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Fwd: Cree Job opportunity #1

Timothy Fisher tsfisher at purdue.edu
Wed Sep 21 17:46:10 EDT 2011

JOBS! Please distribute. (1 of 2)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Harry Seibel <Harry_Seibel at cree.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Subject: Cree Job opportunity #1
To: "tsfisher at purdue.edu" <tsfisher at purdue.edu>

 ** **

Hey Tim,****

** **

Thought you could help me out and pass on the following information.
Basically we are in need of an engineer (M.S level) who wants to cut his/her
teeth in a fast paced industrial job with great earning potential and
professional growth opportunities.  Any interested applicants should go
ahead and send me an email harry_seibel at cree.com with their CV/Resume
attached.****

** **

** **

 Here is the description:****

** **

Job Information **

 ****

*Job Title:*

Process Development Engineer, LED Components****

 ****

*Category:*

Engineering****

 ****

*Career Center:*

Cree; Cree Internal****

 ****

*City/Town:*

Durham****

 ****

*Country:*

United States****

 ****

*Location:*

Cree, Inc.<http://autohire.careershop.com/cree/Facility.asp?FacilityID=2537>
****

 ****

*Type of Assignment:*

Regular****

 ****

*Position Type:*

Full Time****

 Job Description **

 ****

* *

 ****

*JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!*****

The LED Lighting Revolution will not come to life on its’ own; people,
corporations and institutions are the LED Lighting Revolutionaries. Creating
light consumes energy. The least expensive, most secure and cleanest energy
is the energy that is not used. At Cree, we are pioneering the LED Lighting
Revolution byshowing the world what is possible when market leading LED
products, technology and engineering innovation are combined. ****

Now is your chance to join the revolution. Imagine your impact on the
world’s energy resources as you help us create new LED lighting products
that will reduce the damaging effects of energy inefficiency on our
economies and environments. When you join Cree, not only will you be helping
to realize energy efficient lighting products in every country, city and
home but you’ll find yourself in a fast-paced, satisfying work environment
where your keen intelligence and top-notch work ethic will make you an
integral member of our cutting edge engineering teams.****

Are you a revolutionary?****

We currently have an opening for a Process Development Engineer within our
LED Components group in Raleigh/Durham, NC.  We hope you’ll read on to see
if you have what it takes to join the revolution.****

Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on, process engineer to become a
member of the R&D team responsible for the development, design, and
fabrication of LED package solutions for customers. This position will
require you to handle new process development as well as improvements to
existing processes.  If you are a resourceful problem solver with the
capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical issues
through the implementation of practical solutions to complicated problems,
then you can be successful in this role.****

In this job, you will get to conduct experimental work to improve LED
performance, monitor the progress, effectiveness, and integrity of
experiments to ensure goals are met, and maintain process equipment and
measurement systems.  You will also have the opportunity to train and mentor
some of our Process Technicians.  This position will allow you to develop,
test, and document work procedures while interpreting results, summarizing
data, and communicating findings to support a 24x7 R&D operation.****

Are you a self-starter who is able to manage projects with minimal
guidance?  Do you have a “whatever it takes” attitude?  Can you adjust to
changing priorities and schedules in order to keep projects on track?  Do
you have strong attention to detail?  If you answered “yes” to those
questions, then check out the next two sections that describe the type of
education and experience needed for this role.****

*Requirements:*****

   - MS in Ceramic, Materials or Chemical Sciences/Engineering****
   - 0-5 years experience in semiconductor process or materials development
   (Recent graduates encouraged to apply) ****
   - Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card
   holder) ****
   - Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong
   interpersonal skills ****

*Preferences:*****

   - Expertise in powder materials development, processing, handling and
   characterization ****
   - Knowledge of LED sources, packages and materials ****
   - Experience with databases and data analysis tools such as MS Access,
   JMP, and MS Excel ****
   - Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting ability ****
   - Familiarity with phosphors (properties and characterization) ****

If you think you can find a home as one of our LED Lighting Revolutionaries,
then apply online www.cree.com.  We actually do look at every resume and
will get in touch with you directly if we think you’ve got what it takes.
The process will take only 5-10 minutes, and our recruiting team will
contact you within one week if we are interested in discussing this
opportunity further.  ****

*Stay in touch with us…*****

   - *Follow us on Twitter:  **http://twitter.com/CreeCareers &
   http://twitter.com/Cree* ****
   - *Like us on Facebook:  **http://www.facebook.com/CreeLEDRevolution* ***
   *
   - *Connect with us on LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/company/Cree* *
   ***
   - *Watch us on Youtube: **http://www.youtube.com/user/CreeInc* ****

        ** **

 ****

** **

[image: creeledlight250 (Custom)]****

** **

Harry A. Seibel II, Ph.D****

Research Scientist****

Cree, Inc****

919-237-5059****

** **

** **

This e-mail message, including any attachments and previous email messages
sent with it, contains CONFIDENTIAL and PROPRIETARY information of Cree,
Inc. or its subsidiaries and may be legally PRIVILEGED. You may not use,
disclose, reproduce or distribute such information without Cree's
authorization. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the original message, its
attachments and any copies thereof.****

** **

--
Tim Fisher