[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Fwd: Cree Job opportunity #2

Timothy Fisher tsfisher at purdue.edu
Wed Sep 21 17:46:34 EDT 2011

MORE JOBS

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Harry Seibel <Harry_Seibel at cree.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Subject: Cree Job opportunity #2
To: "tsfisher at purdue.edu" <tsfisher at purdue.edu>

 Hey Tim,****

** **

    I thought you could help me out and pass on the following information.
Basically we are in need of a scientist who wants to cut his/her teeth in a
fast paced industrial job with great earning potential and professional
growth opportunities.  Any interested applicants should go ahead and send me
an email harry_seibel at cree.com with their CV/Resume attached.****

** **

** **

 Here is the description:****

** **

Job Information **

 ****

*Job Title:*

Research Scientist, LED Components****

 ****

*Category:*

Engineering****

 ****

*Career Center:*

Cree; Cree Internal****

 ****

*City/Town:*

Durham****

 ****

*Country:*

United States****

 ****

*Location:*

Cree, Inc.<http://autohire.careershop.com/cree/Facility.asp?FacilityID=2537>
****

 ****

*Type of Assignment:*

Regular****

 ****

*Position Type:*

Full Time****

 Job Description **

 ****

* *

 ****

*DRIVE INNOVATION*****

Cree was founded by a group of NC State University research students in 1987
and we’ve spent the last 20+ years perfecting semiconductor technology.
 Today, we are at the forefront of emerging lighting and power solutions and
continue to drive innovation.****

Cree combines unrivaled semiconductor materials expertise with engineering
innovation to deliver the most groundbreaking LED Chips, Components,
Modules, and Fixtures to the marketplace.  Our scientists are committed to
engineering unsurpassed processes, driving our need for only the best
technical minds to maintain our competitive edge.****

We currently have an opening for a Research Scientist within our LED
Components group.  This position will be located at our headquarters
facility in Raleigh/Durham, NC. ****

*Summary:*
As a member of the LED Components R&D team, you will become an expert in LED
Components with emphasis on not only understanding the fundamentals but also
delivering phosphor solutions for our LED products which drive improved
performance, good reliability and manufacturability.  You will certainly
help us generate Intellectual Property in this job and you will get to
provide training to other Cree personnel where appropriate to improve
overall capabilities of our LED Components group.****

In this role, you will interact with internal and external customers and
vendors.  Internal partners include epitaxial growth, chip fabrication,
applications engineering, solid state lighting, mechanical design, and
purchasing.  External interactions will include phosphor suppliers and other
associated vendors.  Some travel, both domestic and overseas, may be
required.****

You will be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities and you will
need the ability to focus intensely on one effort without neglecting the
rest.  To accomplish the goals, a very strong commitment to task is
required.  You will also need to be flexible in supporting a 24x7 R&D
operation, which will require weekend work and other availability problem
solving.****

After reading that description, we hope your interest in piqued.  If so,
check out the below sections to see if you have the needed education, skills
and experience to be successful in this role.****

*Requirements:*****

   - PhD in Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering Chemical
   Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or related technical field ****
   - 0-10 years experience in semiconductor process or materials development
   (recent graduates encouraged to apply) ****
   - Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card
   holder) ****
   - In-depth knowledge of solid materials, including properties and
   chemistry ****
   - Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong
   interpersonal skills ****
   - Thrive in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented atmosphere ****
   - Self-starter, able to manage projects with minimal guidance ****
   - Willing to perform tasks outside normal job duties and past experience
   ****

*Preferences:*****

   - Expertise in solid state inorganic materials and chemistry ****
   - Knowledge of phosphor properties and characterization ****
   - Familiarity with powder materials development, processing, handling and
   characterization ****
   - Knowledge of LED sources, packages and materials ****
   - Experience with databases and data analysis tools (Access, SAS JMP,
   Excel, etc.). ****
   - Strong mechanical aptitude/troubleshooting ability ****

If you would be interested in teaming with the brightest minds in the
industry and are ready to use your technical talents to help revolutionize
lighting, we encourage you to apply online.  www.cree.com****

*Stay in touch with us…*****

   - *Follow us on Twitter:  **http://twitter.com/CreeCareers &
   http://twitter.com/Cree* ****
   - *Like us on Facebook:  **http://www.facebook.com/CreeLEDRevolution* ***
   *
   - *Connect with us on LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/company/Cree* *
   ***
   - *Watch us on Youtube: **http://www.youtube.com/user/CreeInc* ****

        ** **

** **

[image: creeledlight250 (Custom)]****

** **

Harry A. Seibel II, Ph.D****

Research Scientist****

Cree, Inc****

919-237-5059****

** **

** **

This e-mail message, including any attachments and previous email messages
sent with it, contains CONFIDENTIAL and PROPRIETARY information of Cree,
Inc. or its subsidiaries and may be legally PRIVILEGED. You may not use,
disclose, reproduce or distribute such information without Cree's
authorization. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the original message, its
attachments and any copies thereof.****

** **

--
Tim Fisher