[Bnc-facility-notice] NOTICE - Cleanroom & Laboratories are Now Open

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 20 11:31:38 EDT 2023

All BNC Users -

The preventive maintenance closure of the Birck Nanotechnology Facility has been completed successfully.  The cleanroom and laboratories are now open for research.

Some research equipment is still down for maintenance or is in the process of being started back up.  Please check iLabs for individual equipment status.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this important preventive-maintenance time.

Special Notice for Future Planning

With the approval of the CHIPS Act Project, the Birck Nanotechnology cleanroom will undergo major utility infrastructure modification that will extend our normal preventive maintenance closure in 2024 and 2025.  We are currently in the design phase and more details will be communicated as soon as possible.

Future PM Dates

  *   Week of April 29, 2024
  *   Week of Oct 14, 2024
  *   Week of May 5, 2025