[Bnc-facility-notice] NOTICE - Failure of the Ultrapure Water System and Cleanroom Humidity Control

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Sat Oct 21 04:13:02 EDT 2023

Dear BNC User,

Tonight at 3:15AM the ultrapure water system has failed and shut down.  There is no ultra-pure water flow in the building currently.  As a result, the humidity in our clean room is completely out of control and our humidification system is down since it's dependent on ultrapure water to operate.

Once ultrapure water is restored it will take 24 to 48 hours for the cleanroom clean steam generators system to heat up and stabilize before we can start generating steam for the cleanroom humidification system.

Ron Reger and his team are currently addressing the ultrapure water issue.

Regards,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036