[Bnc-facility-notice] Changes to Parking near Birck

Radtke, Michelle L mlradtke at purdue.edu
Fri May 12 08:56:12 EDT 2023

Good Morning,

Starting Monday there will be several changes to parking around Birck, and I would like to make sure that everyone is aware before they are implemented on May 15th.  All of our Discovery Park District spots will become VIP visitor parking, and there will no longer be any parking on Martin Jischke Dr to make space for additional bike lanes. (Please see the attached email from Steve Rudolph with additional details) Also, I have spoken with Parking Services, and they will not be relocating the motorcycle parking. Bikes will need to use the Discovery District lot as well.

On a positive note... Additionally, I have learned that it is no longer a violation to pull-through or back into parking spaces on campus as long as a vehicle has a front license plate that can be scanned for plate/permit recognition.  If your vehicle is registered in a state where only a rear plate is issued, Parking has a plate/sticker available for purchase for $20 that will satisfy this requirement.

Please see the link below for more information on the front-plate purchase.  I have also included a link to Parking's concerns/comments/suggestion form.

https://www.purdue.edu/parking/permits/front-plates.html

https://www.purdue.edu/parking/contact/suggestions.html

Have a wonderful weekend!

~Michelle