[Bnc-facility-notice] NOTICE #3 - Failure & Recovery of the Ultrapure Water System and Cleanroom Humidity Control

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Thu May 11 15:02:32 EDT 2023

Dear BNC Users,

Since this morning at 7AM, BNC Engineering staff completed a deeper evaluation of this intermittent failure.  It appears that there is a communication error between the system CPU to PLC controller when the ultra-pure water system fails.  Engineering staff replaced 2 power supplies and 1 communication patch cable hoping to eliminate these communication errors.  These changes were implemented earlier in the day to allow time to monitor the ultra-pure water system.  At the same time we were able to bring our cleanroom humification system back online and the clean room is currently under humidity control.

We are back to normal operations and we are cautiously optimistic that the issue is corrected, only time will tell.

Regards,

Mark