[Bnc-facility-notice] NOTICE #3 - Failure & Recovery of the Ultrapure Water System and Cleanroom Humidity Control

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Thu May 11 07:02:48 EDT 2023

Dear BNC User,

This morning at 6:45AM the ultrapure water system failed and shut down again.  There is no ultra-pure water flow in the building at this time.  As a result, we have shut down our cleanroom humidification system to prevent water leaks above the cleanroom.  The cleanroom humidity is out of control as it is dependent on ultrapure water to operate.

>From the ultra-pure water failure last night it is unknown what the intermittent issue is, but it appears to be a controls issue.  BNC engineering staff will further investigate the issue to find the root cause.

We are sorry for this unscheduled interruption. We will keep you posted as more information comes in.

Regards,