[BNC-all] URGENT - Emergency Shutdown Due to Loss Campus Steam

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 14 16:28:30 EDT 2017

BNC User

We have lost all campus steam pressure across campus.  The loss of steam during cold weather may result in shutting down all cleanroom and general laboratory air handling units losing temperature and humidity ambient control.  This may also shut down all chemical exhaust systems and hazardous processes.  We have implemented contingency plans to conserve steam the best we can.

These changes may lead to the cleanroom going negative allowing dirty air to be pulled into the cleanroom so plan accordingly to protect any contamination sensitive research inside the cleanroom.

I will update you more once I get more information from Physical Facilities on the condition of the main campus boilers or conditions in the building deteriorate.

Regards,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036