[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of Oct. 10th

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 11 15:47:38 EDT 2016

Direct Email to Birck Engineering

In an effort to provide better service to our customers (the student, staff, and faculty user-community of the Birck Nanotechnology Center) we have established a new email for suggestions, complaints, recommendations for improvements & operationing efficiency, safety related issues, etc.  This new email, birckengineering at purdue.edu<mailto:birckengineering at purdue.edu> , will go directly to engineering management and the identity of the sender will be held in strictest confidence.  The intent of this new email is to allow the Birck user community to air grievances, complaints, and suggestions to make our engineering operations better.  If you see an opportunity for improvement, or have a suggestion for a more streamlined operation, please share it through this email.  Answers will be provided with as much expediency as possible, and the identity of the sender will not be revealed, so please use this to 'open up' about our procedures, processes, priorities, and performance (the 4-P's).  We can't address issues if we don't know them, so we're encouraging faculty, staff, and students to use this new email mechanism to bring issues to light.

Thanks for helping us improve our operations and our customer service.

Ron

________________________________
Dear Fellow Scientists,

The 3D Cell Culture Core (3D3C) facility is proposing a first hands-on training workshop for visualization of 3D cell cultures on November 17 and 18, 2016. The workshop will cover some basic techniques for immunolabeling and dye staining and microscope observation of live and fixed 3D cell cultures.  For details on the content, please see below and the flyer attached.

The prerequisite for the workshop is REM biosafety training and blood-borne-pathogen training; sufficient knowledge in basic cell culture techniques is recommended. If you are interested in the workshop, please contact me for information and registration. The workshop is limited to SIX participants.  The deadline for registration is October 28, 2016.

Sincerely,
Tim Kwok
Facility Manager
3D Cell Culture Core (3D3C) Facility

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D223D6.C8C1C000][cid:image006.jpg at 01D223D6.C8C1C000][cid:image008.jpg at 01D223D6.C8C1C000]
[cid:image012.png at 01D223D6.C8C1C000]