[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of June 22nd

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Jun 19 10:14:57 EDT 2015

Mailroom
Refrigerator Clean Out
VB6
TGMS Building Evacuation
Travel

Mailroom closed Monday June 29th
Because of unforeseen circumstances, there will not be anyone to man the mailroom on Monday June 29th.  If you could please plan ahead on shipments that you may need to send out.  All incoming packages will be processed the next day.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but appreciate your understanding.

Thank you,
Mary Jo Totten

Refrigerator Clean out
The Refrigerator will be cleaned out on Thursday, June25th. Anything that is not properly labeled will be disposed of.

Reminder:  Please No Food or Drink in Labs
Just a reminder to all users that we at the Birck Nanotechnology Center prohibit any food or drinks in the labs.  This long-standing rule is for safety and housekeeping purposes . . . it prevents any potential for liquids or food products to be spilled onto sensitive laboratory equipment which could cause electrical safety issues and/or contamination.  Thanks for your attention to this.

VB6
The people from Raith/Vistec returned our VB6 to service last week which kept their promise to get the system running in the short-term.  They also are working a proposal for a longer term solution, the details of which haven't been shared with us yet.

TGMS Building Evacuation

At 3:06 AM Friday, June 19 the toxic gas alarm was activated resulting in a building evacuation.  This is a repeat of the TGMS alarm that happen on June 3 where an alarm was identified as the wireless gas monitoring system.  However, a review of each of the individual point logs showed non-active alarms and the fire panel did not show a toxic gas alarm.  An actual gas release did not occur.  Additional changes were made to TGMS system to further troubleshoot this difficult intermittent problem.  We plan to contact with the vendor of the system for additional support.

Travel
Driver Approval Forms
Please plan ahead!   Prior approval of Risk Management is required before any student or volunteer may operate a vehicle on University business.  In order to be reimbursed for mileage and or any rental care expenses you must be an approved driver.  Please complete the forms (RM01) and either PDF them or bring them to the Birck Business office (BRK 1014) to Tiffany Gilbert.

http://www.purdue.edu/business/risk_mgmt/pdf/rm01D1.pdf

For additional info on this topic please refer to:  FORM (RM01D) or contact Amy Kingma @ ext. 48104

http://www.purdue.edu/business/risk_mgmt/Vehicle_Use_Info/index.html

http://www.purdue.edu/business/risk_mgmt/Risk_Management_Insurance_Program/index.html#autoli

Travel Credit Card
Recently we have had many individuals traveling that do not have a Purdue Travel Credit Card.  A Purdue Travel Credit Card allows all travel charges (conference registration, flight, taxis, lodging, etc) related to your research to be charged to this card, eliminating the use of a personal card. If you feel you would benefit by having this card please fill out the form found below, get your PI's approval, and return the completed form to Tiffany Gilbert in the business office (BRK 1014). If you have any questions or concern please see a member of the secretarial or business office staff.

http://www.purdue.edu/business/travel/pdf/Travel_Cardholder_Agreement_v2-Appendix_N.pdf