Dr. Srinivas Peeta is a Professor of Civil Engineering in the Transportation and Infrastructure Systems group at Purdue University. He is the Director of the NEXTRANS Center, the USDOT Region 5 University Transportation Center. His research interests are multidisciplinary, span several methodological domains, and include among others:
- The modeling and analysis of the dynamics of large-scale transportation systems
- Modeling and methodologies to address interdependencies among infrastructure systems
- Real-time information-based navigation in vehicular traffic networks
- Modeling human behavior/learning associated with drivers/travelers
- Integrated supply-demand-performance models for strategic planning and real-time operations for various applications
- Understanding linkages between transportation, energy and environment
- Modeling policy options that impact transportation system evolution
- Systems and system-of-systems perspectives to address complex adaptive systems (ranging from engineered systems to human enterprise systems)
- Connected and autonomous vehicles
University in Chongqing, China welcomes Dr. Srinivas Peeta as Honorary Guest Professor.Read more..
TRB AT045 Intermodal Freight Award (2015); awarded for the paper “Rail-Truck Multimodal Freight Collaboration: A Statistical Analysis of Freight Shipper Perspectives,” by Guo, Y. Peeta, S. and Mannering, F. Read more..