David J. Love
Professor, IEEE Fellow
University Faculty Scholar
Leader of Efficient Spectrum Usage Preeminent Team
School of Electrical and
465 Northwestern Ave.
Office: MSEE 360
djlove d@d purdue.edu
- 27th US patent granted (US # 9,504,047)
- Invited participant to 2016 EU-US NAE Frontiers of Engineering Symposium in Helsinki, Finland
- 26th US patent granted (US # 9,391,730)
- Received 2016 IEEE Communications Society Stephen O. Rice Prize in the Field of Communication Theory for work with Sooyoung Hur, Taejoon Kim, Jim Krogmeier, Tim Thomas, and Amitava Ghosh
- 25th US patent granted (US # 9,319,251)
- Our team in the Virginia Tech Spectrum-Sharc competition ranked in the top ten after phase 1.
- Received 2015 IEEE Signal Processing Society Best Paper Award for work with Junil Choi and Pat Bidigare
- 24th US patent granted (US # 9,161,247)
- Work recognized at 2015 Purdue Research Foundation Inventors Recognition Reception
- Recognized as a 2015 Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher
- Elevated to IEEE Fellow "for contributions to feedback-adaptive wireless communication systems"
- Received Spring 2015 Purdue HKN Outstanding Professor Award
- Recognized as a 2014 Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher
According to the criteria, "researchers earned the distinction by writing the greatest numbers of reports officially designated by Essential Science Indicators℠ as Highly Cited Papers—ranking among the top 1% most cited for their subject field and year of publication, earning them the mark of exceptional impact."- 22nd and 23rd US patents granted (US # 8,953,707and # 8,976,850)
- Received a 2014 IEEE Globecom best paper award for work with Song Noh and Mike Zoltowski
- Work recognized at 2014 Purdue Research Foundation Inventors Recognition Reception
- 21st US patent (US # 8,787,469) granted 7-22-14
- 20th US patent (US # 8,724,728) granted 5-13-14
- Ph.D. student Stephen Larew wins NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Received a 2013 IEEE Globecom best paper award for work with Junil Choi and Vasanth Raghavan
- Awarded Fall 2013 Purdue ECE Graduate Student Association (GSA) Outstanding Faculty Award
- Our DARPA Spectrum Challenge team finished #1 out of 90 registered teams during the qualification round. More coverage.
- Promoted to Full Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering effective August 2013.
- Work recognized at Purdue Research Foundation Inventors Recognition Reception- Named Area Chair for the Communications, Networking, Signal, and Image Processing (CNSIP) area of the Purdue School of ECE
- 2011 PhD graduate Taejoon Kim accepts Assistant Professor position at City University of Hong Kong
- Named a 2012-2017 University Faculty Scholar
- Check out our recent paper on spectrum policy to appear in the Washington U. St. Louis Law Review
- Invited participant in the 2011 National Academy of Engineering Frontiers of Engineering Education Symposium
- Updated publications list here
- Work recognized at 2010 and 2011 Purdue Research Foundation Inventors Recognition Reception
- Serving as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (previously IEEE Transactions on Communications)
- Vertically Integrated Projects team for Fall 2011
- Awarded 2010 Purdue HKN Outstanding Teacher Award
- Received 2009 IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology Jack Neubauer Memorial Award (the best systems paper published in the IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology in that year) with Y. Ouyang and W. J. Chappell.
- Named Chair of the IEEE Signal Processing Society Central Indiana Chapter
- Check out work with spectrum policy