Announcements and Events
- EPICS India – Testing Experiments
- ME to Industry: Alumni Panel
- Theatre Engineering Info Session
- Coffee with ABE Ambassadors – 10/24/2023
- FYE Industry Night
Join us Wednesday, October 11 for a First Year Engineering Industry Exploration Night from 6:00PM – 9:00PM in the CoRec Black & Gold Gyms!
You are not required to stay the whole time, come and go as you please – relaxed dress code, come as you are (light refreshments provided)!
Dive into the world of engineering as you connect with actual engineers and gain insights into their day-to-day experiences. Unlike a typical career fair, this casual, drop-in style exploration event is a unique chance to explore various engineering roles across diverse industry sectors. This type of networking will provide students the opportunity to ask discipline specific questions. From skill development, coursework, and overall career advice, connect with industry to see what type of engineering interests you.
This event can count towards the EYM requirement. You must register at this link in order for it to count.
We hope to see you there!
- Dynamic Careers in Industrial Engineering – 9/29 @ 4PM
- Peer Success Coaching (PSC)
- Rising Professionals Callout 9/25 & 9/26 7-8PM
- Women in ME Mixer – Sept. 21 @ 6PM
- Women in ME Symposium
- Co-Op Callout/PPA Mentorship Program
- Phi Sigma Rho – STEM Sorority
- Women in Mechanical Engineering Callout – 9.6.23 @ 7pm
- Engineering Fellows Ceremony – Sept. 11, 2023
- MDESS Fall 2023 Callout
- Railside Robotics
- Scope Consulting
- Summer Opportunities
INSPIRE Summer Engineering Camps (registration open!)
We are hosting two weeks of engineering camps. Week 1 for 11-13 year olds is July 10-14 and Week 2 for 8-10 year olds is July 17-21. Please visit the link for more info.
READI Semiconductor High School Summer Experience
In collaboration with Ivy Tech, we are hosting a 2-week summer program for high school students in Benton, Carroll, Fountain, Tippecanoe, Warren, and White counties. Participants will have great experiences learning about microelectronics along with relevant academic and career pathways. Participants will receive a $1500 stipend for their participation. Please visit the link for more info.
Hiring Undergraduates to work with us at these and other camps!
The INSPIRE Research Institute for Pre-College Engineering is looking to hire 3-4 undergraduate students interested in developing, delivering, and conducting research on engineering outreach camps this summer. The position would entail working with INSPIRE faculty, staff, and graduate students in the School of Engineering Education to create engaging activities that integrate microelectronics and semiconductor technologies and contexts into engaging, broadly themed engineering activities for elementary, middle, and high school students. Additionally, the position would include delivering the activities in various summer day camp settings, and helping the team collect and analyze research data associated with the camps.
Candidates for the position should have a passion for working with younger students, be open to learning about various fabrication and microelectronic technologies, and be willing to take on the responsibility of leading activities with students. It is not required that candidates have extensive experience with microelectronics or fabrication technologies, but such skills are a plus. All undergraduate students are welcome to apply, and those in education or STEM programs are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position would start as early May 15th and go through August 14th. The position does require students be available for the camp dates/times 8am-4pm Monday through Friday June 5th through July 21st. Pay starts at $15/hr. To apply for this position, please send your resume and brief statement of interest in the position to Rena Sterrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2023 Design Exp – Team Registration Extended
Registration Link: https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d5sqYiWkMccO4zc
- PMEA Alumni Panel & PMEA X SHPE Meet & Greet
- Purdue E-Week
- Learn about graduate school at Purdue Engineering!
There are two upcoming (FREE!) opportunities to learn about graduate school at Purdue Engineering.
1. Purdue Engineering GradTrack Scholars
If you identify as an underrepresented undergraduate student in engineering, then this online mentoring cohort is for you!
- Demystify graduate school, summer research programs, and the application process (specific dates/times are on our website: www.engr.purdue.edu/gradtrack).
- Learn from mentors who are current Purdue Engineering BIPOC graduate students.
- Be part of a supportive and limited cohort.
- Finish the program with completed documents for a competitive graduate school application or summer research application.
- We encourage you to also simultaneously apply for a free visit to Purdue’s Campus through the Graduate Diversity Visitation program (GDVP).
- And more!
Fun Fact: The GradTrack Scholars program has been recognized nationally and was recently awarded the 2023 CoNECD Program of the Year. Be part of the GradTrack Scholars family!
Learn more and apply by April 12, 2023 (less than 2 weeks!): www.engr.purdue.edu/gradtrack
2. Purdue Engineering Virtual Graduate Showcase
Join our mailing list here
Save the date for October 1-2, 2023. Open to all! Meet Purdue Engineering Graduate Programs and Faculty, and learn about graduate research and summer undergraduate research programs at Purdue. Free, online, and interactive. Sign up for our mailing list to receive event updates and be notified when registration opens.
Learn more: www.engr.purdue.edu/gradshowcase
If you have any questions, please email any member of our team at email@example.com .
- Sky Elements Drone Shows – April 7, 2023
- HammerWars – Saturday, April 1st, 2023
- ME Research Symposium
All students interested in research are welcome!
Scan the QR code to register!
- Women of Mechanical Engineering Social
- ME Coffee Chat for FYE Students
- Vigil & Donation for the Earthquake Victims in Turkey
- SURF – Summer 2023
- Engineering Majors Fair – February 2nd @ 5:45 PM
- Phi Sigma Rho Sorority
- Purdue Space Program Callout – Thursday Jan. 19, 2023
- Women in Mechanical Engineering
- Boilermaker Consulting Group
- Purdue Engineering Student Council Callout – Jan 12, 23 @ 7pm
- Purdue Semiconductors Info Session – Nov 15, 2022
- Women in M.E. Symposium – Thursday Nov. 3, 2022
- Professional Practice Hall of Fame – Oct 27, 2022
- EPICS Study Abroad Opportunities
INFORMATION & REGISTRATION
- Co-op Mentorship Program
- Civil Engineering Career Fair Events
- First-Time Researcher Fellowship – due Oct 14 2022
- FYE Industry Night – Wed, Oct 12 2022
- Women in M.E. Symposium – Thursday Nov. 3, 2022
- PPA Co-op Mentorship Program
- Access Alum – Melanie Petsch – October 18, 2022
- Access Alum – Marcy Alstott – October 27, 2022
- Access Alum – Jordan Golomb – November 1, 2022
- 3M Optimized Operations (O2) Informational Event – Oct 20, 2022
- Women Exploring Mechanical Engineering – Nov. 3, 2022
- Intro to Silicon Valley & the Tech Industry – Fall 2022
- Pharma Careers & Drug Development – ENGR 10301 – Fall 2022
- Germany Maymester 2023
- Networking Opportunities with Purdue Alumni – Sept 15, 2022
- ENGR 10301 – Intro to Semiconductors
- EPICS Callout – Sept. 22, 2022
- CEM Ice Cream Social – Sept 16, 2022
- Semiconductor Info Session – Fall 2022
To register for this event, please visit: https://bit.ly/SEMIOVERVIEW
- BME Student Showcase – Fall 2022
- 2023 Maymester in Tanzania
- Purdue Intercollegiate Quidditch Association – Fall 2022
- PurdueTHINK – Fall 2022
- SAE Callout – Fall 2022
- ASME Club Callout
- Industrial Roundtable Events – Fall 2022
Industrial Roundtable Prep Night – Sept 9th, 2022
Industrial Roundtable Seminars – Sept 12th, 2022
Industrial Roundtable Career Fair – Sept 13th-15th, 2022
- Welcome to Fall 2022!
Check back for announcements, events, and callouts for FYE