|HW01: Editing: Vim||due||8/30||Tue|
|HW02: Strings: print_integer(…)||due||9/7||Wed|
|HW04: Debugging: GDB||due||9/12||Mon|
|HW05: Strings: mintf(…)||due||9/19||Mon|
|HW06: Log macros||due||9/28||Wed|
|HW07: Unit testing||due||10/2||Sun|
|HW09: malloc(…): Join strings||due||10/14||Fri|
|HW10: Huffman 1: priority queue||due||10/24||Mon|
|HW11: Tree sort||due||10/27||Thu|
|HW12: JSON: ints||due||11/2||Wed|
|HW13: JSON: strings||due||11/4||Fri|
|HW14: JSON: lists||due||11/9||Wed|
|HW15: JSON: errors||due||11/11||Fri|
|HW16: Huffman 2: files, frequencies||due||11/14||Mon|
|HW17: Huffman 3: linked list of trees||due||11/16||Wed|
|HW18: Huffman 4: build Huffman tree||due||11/20||Sun|
|HW19: Huffman 5: write bits to a file||due||11/29||Tue|
|HW20: Huffman 6: encode tree to file||due||12/5||Mon|
|HW21: Huffman 7: encode data to file||due||12/7||Wed|
|HW22: Buffer overflow||due||12/10||Sat|
Lectures: Tue/Thu 9:00-10:15am in WALC B058
Office hours: Mon/Thu 11:15am-12:45pm by Zoom
✉ Include “ECE 264” in the email subject. Email should be limited to matters that only your instructor should see (i.e., confidential, etc.). Use Piazza for questions about homework, course policies, or technical difficulties, unless otherwise directed.
How to get help
PiazzaClarifications about homework and course policies should be posted to Piazza.
Instructor office hours
Prof. Quinn is available Mon/Thu 11:15am-12:45pm by Zoom . (Changes may be announced by email.)
TA help hours
TAs are available for online help Mon/Wed/Fri 9-11am + Mon-Fri 6-9pm + Sat/Sun 9am-1pm. (Changes may be announced by email.)
- Make sure your code meets the
Code Quality Standards.
- TAs will check your code quality before helping with anything else.
- ⚠ TAs will not help with code that does not meet the code quality standards.
- Open your Zoom meeting room.
- Click New Meeting.
- Disable the waiting room.
Click Security in the bottom toolbar.Uncheck ☐ Enable Waiting room.⚠ TAs will skip your request if waiting room is enabled.
- Copy your meeting room URL.
Click Participants in the bottom toolbar to enable the Participants sidebar (right).Click Invite (button in the Participants sidebar).Click Copy Invite Link to copy your personal room URL.
- Create a request using the Request Form.
- Paste the link to your personal Zoom room.
- Question must be specific.
Specific (GOOD)✔ What does the ‘▒▒▒’ error from gcc mean?✔ Problem: My executable runs forever.✔ Help me think of test cases.Non-specific (BAD)X HelpX HW05X What should I do?
- ⚠ Non-specific questions will be skipped by TAs.
Requests must be submitted during scheduled office hours.
- ⚠ Requests submitted before office hours start may be skipped.
- Keep the submission confirmation window open so that you can update your request if needed.
- You can view your position in line in the Waiting Room .
- Keep working until the TA joins your Zoom room.
- If you no longer need help, please cancel your request.
- In your submission confirmation page (see step 4 ↑), click Edit Submission.
- Change question text to "cancel".
- Thank you! This saves TA time to help your classmates more.