msepostdoc-list Issues with SOPs, Building Access, Links, RAT, etc.

Jennifer Louise Fifer fiferj at purdue.edu
Mon Jun 22 16:21:49 EDT 2020

Hello MSE Researchers,

MSE Staff is working hard to get all of you back to your research. However, due to speed of this process, there has been a lot of issues. While we are working on resolving these issues, please use the attached resources. Until the SOP folder is available to students, please request the SOPs for each of your lab spaces from the PI directly. You'll notice that not all lab spaces have a SOP approved by the university yet. DO NOT request access to these spaces until they are approved. You will not be granted access.

Other news:

*       Use Brightspace to confirm that you have read the SOPs for ALL of your lab spaces. DO NOT send me your signature on an SOP for one lab space. This will delay your lab access significantly. I will be adding people in the order of completion in Brightspace.

*       Because there are a lot of you, please allow 3 days after you have submitted. I will try to get you all building access as fast as I can but I have to update the records each time I add someone for MSE's reference as well as the University's now.

*       I have received many emails telling me that someone has completed the requirements. Please do not email me to state that you have completed requirements as it will slow not speed up granting building access. Brightspace will tell me when you have completed the requirements.

*       When requesting access in RAT, choose my name as the admin for ARMS and Tim for MSEE.

*       For those who wish to access the polishing, grinding, and optical labs, I will be setting up a couple times to virtually meet so researchers can fulfill the requirements for all 3 in one meeting since these are often used in combination.

Please continue to send me any concerns or questions that you have.

Stay safe,

Jenni Fifer
Safety & Mechanical Testing Lab Technician
Materials Science & Engineering
Purdue University
Phone: 765-494-9718
Email: fiferj at purdue.edu