msepostdoc-list Improved Purchase Order Submission Processes

Finney, Patricia Jean pfinney at purdue.edu
Mon Nov 10 15:17:36 EST 2014

Folks,
In an effort to save time, money, and hassle of what appears to be a never ending set of signing forms... We have a new plan for the ARMS business office for purchasing.
Please read the description below and let me know if you have any problems as we implement it.  In terms of when we implement this, we're going to try the band-aid approach (quick and over in one shot).  So... Please review the following info and share this information with your students.  Keep me updated if there are any snags we find.
Dave

The ARMS Business Office has been working hard to improve the process of your purchase orders. We know that everyone is very busy and part of our job is to help minimize the amount of time you spend on administrative related functions. We believe the updated process will reduce the time you spend going back and forth to the Business Office. Our hope is that this *almost* paperless process will save the requestor and PI time as well as increase our office efficiency. This process has been used in Zucrow Labs and has had many great outcomes including a quicker response time, ease in locating past purchase orders, and less "back and forth" between Grads, PI's and the Business office.  Please know that regardless of this process change, our door is continually open if you have any concerns or questions.

Effective immediately all purchase order activity will follow the process outlined below.  Please feel free to send us your thoughts regarding this updated process.

For convenience both attachments will be added to the Materials website.

                                            Improved Purchase Order Submission Processes
Steps

1.       Complete "Purchase Order Request" (see attached) - All blue areas must be completed.

a.       Circle Department (AAE, MSE, ENE, WIEP, MEP, EPICS)

b.       Enter vendor information

c.       List Purpose/Specific Benefit to project (request will not be accepted without this info)

d.       Source of Pricing (ie: quote, website, email) - Please mark and also attach this information.

e.       Circle:  Order, Reimbursement or invoice

f.        Enter Deliver to Information

g.       Enter Account Information (ie: Fund numbers, Cost Center, Internal Order)

h.       Item Description and Catalog number.

i.         PI Signature (this can be an email approval from the PI)

2.       A: ARIBA or Credit Card purchases entered by Business Office (if you have signature approval complete step 2, if not please proceed to step 3): Email completed Purchase Order Request to eboarms at purdue.edu<mailto:eboarms at purdue.edu>.  Subject Line should read: Purchase Request:  School or Dept (MSE, AAE, ENE, EPICS, MEP, WIEP), PI last name, Requester last name, Vendor (ie: Purchase Request: MSE, Trice, Rueschhoff, McMaster).  Indicate approval in the body of the email.  Be sure to attach all pertinent information (ie: quotes, screen prints of website, shopping carts). - Request will not be accepted without this info. Skip to Step 5
B: ARIBA or purchases entered in your Department:  You will need to scan and attach all pertinent paperwork electronically to your Ariba order when you enter it. (ie: signed purchase request, email approval, copy of quote, etc.). Skip to Step 5

C: Credit Card purchases on Departmental Card: You will need to turn in the Purchase Order Request with original receipts to the ARMS business office. Skip to Step 5

3.       If you do not have approval authorization to sign the request you will need to email a copy of the purchase request to your PI and cc: eboarms at purdue.edu<mailto:eboarms at purdue.edu> . Subject Line should read: Purchase Request:  School or Dept (MSE, AAE, ENE, EPICS, MEP, WIEP), PI last name, Requester last name, Vendor (ie: Purchase Request: MSE, Trice, Rueschhoff, McMaster).  Be sure to attach all pertinent information (ie: quotes, screen prints of website, shopping carts). - Request will not be accepted without this info.

4.       The PI will in turn Reply All the approval.

5.       ALL PACKING SLIPS WILL STILL NEED TO BE TURNED INTO THE BUSINESS OFFICE.  This can be either a hard copy or a scanned copy emailed to eboarms at purdue.edu<mailto:eboarms at purdue.edu>.    If you email a scanned copy, the subject line should read:  "Packing Slip: Vendor, PO#".

Other Important Information

*  Any orders over $10,000 please involve procurement early since these will need to go out for bid.

*  Any questions please contact Suzanne Kennedy in the Armstrong Business Office (45149).

Suzanne Kennedy
Account Clerk IV
ARMS Service Center
Phone: (765)494-5149